Consistent or Delimited Agnosticism

Jenyar said:
Where do we get new information from?

M*W: As I understand it, Jenyar, all the information humans will ever need during our existence on the physical Earth (and maybe beyond) is already stored in our minds and in every cell of our bodies (i.e. cellular memory). The problem is that this vast amount of information is "revealed" to us piece by piece. When I say "revealed," I mean as if the information has been "awakened" to us, kinda like a "light bulb" in a cartoon.

I suppose certain factors need to trigger this "light bulb" to turn on. Education, for one, lights up the inner dark recesses of our minds. Personal interests can trigger it. Work can trigger it. Just about anything in the universe can trigger this "light bulb." For example, wasn't it about 100 or so years ago that Jules Verne wrote about space travel? I don't know the actual dates of his writings, but things we humans "speculate" on or dream about can come true. Believing makes it so, so to speak.

Some people are more "enlightened" than others, regardless of their educational background. When I say "enlightened," I don't mean like the "New Age" phenomena but like the cartoon "light bulb." A light goes on in one's mind. Natural curiosity is another trigger, but where did that curiosity come from? It was already there programmed in the brain and every cell in the body.

The information is already there. We just need to be inspired to find it. There must be an instinctive desire, I would think. Like the Wright Brothers just 100 years ago; and like 35 years ago, we sat foot on the moon, and put explorers on Mars. Time seems to be "speeding up" as far as humanity's cumulative intellectual capacity.

All the information humanity will ever need is stored in those inner dark recesses of our mind until the light bulb goes on and we give birth to new ideas with the promises for humanity's survival in the distant future.

I don't know if this answered your question or not. That's just what I believe.

What you're talking about is what I call "recognition". We recognize things in the world that correspond to concepts we have in our minds. That's why mind maps work so well. We are born with the ability to reason and perceive, but it also develops. We need help - outside influence - to shape them. Otherwise we're just as liable to reject things before we understand them, and never learn anything new.

If all information was available to us independent of our surroundings, we would be able to access it without having to refer to reality - and that's certainly not the case. We don't come into the world fully aware and fully informed. We have what we need spiritually, but not physically - and the brain and cells are physical things.

Jenyar said:
What you're talking about is what I call "recognition". We recognize things in the world that correspond to concepts we have in our minds. That's why mind maps work so well. We are born with the ability to reason and perceive, but it also develops. We need help - outside influence - to shape them. Otherwise we're just as liable to reject things before we understand them, and never learn anything new.

If all information was available to us independent of our surroundings, we would be able to access it without having to refer to reality - and that's certainly not the case. We don't come into the world fully aware and fully informed. We have what we need spiritually, but not physically - and the brain and cells are physical things.
M*W: I don't think that all the knowledge in the universe is available to ALL people, but as the "one body" of humanity, all the information is accessible to some. For example, the great thinkers, Newton, DaVinci, the Philosophers, Einstein, Edison, even Nostradamus, plus many, many more. If I had access to all the information in the universe, I'd certainly be using it to better humanity. So, some people are able to access more info than most. However, even some uneducated people can come up with very elaborate and intelligent ideas, so it has to be instinctive rather than learned. Exposure to the universe, I believe, would help to tap into this information we all carry, but to reveal it to the max, requires the effort of all humanity and not just a few higher thinkers.

Back