Comparing Jesus and Muhammad

I'd also like to note, Slavery was not practiced world-wide. Some societies had already banned Slavery. The Japanese for example.

Anyway: Wiki

I just want to point out that Wiki is not a reliable academic source. It is useful for up to date news on stuff and maybe some figures, but it is not a reliable source. Thats what the tutors at my university keep hammering in as well.

Arsalan - calling you an Apologist is a compliment. I'm very proud to be an apologist - when I am.

An Apologist is someone who defends the unpopular opinion. A good scientist can be an Apologist.

But then youre assuming that what I am saying is not the commong belief among Muslims. And that is where I disagree.

Theists are commonly called apologists because they change their fiddle to adapt to modern times. Happens all the time. It's the only way theists can move into the modern era and still believe in pixie dust. The ME seems a bit too backwards but that's because the common person hasn't had the means to be a modern apologist. But now they do and they will. Because of people like you, who are able to reinterpret the mythos, Muslims will be brought slowly into the modern age.

First of all, I suggest you read up on the Mujaddids and what they did.

Secondly, Id just like you to note that what I believe, has been preached for over 100s of years and indeed by the Prophet as well ;)

Don't be too surprised if you grandkids believe Mohammad was a monogamist

Since I dont see anything wrong with marriages with consent I dont think thats going to happen :shrug:

Arsalan, did Muslims buy and sell people during the last 1500 years?

Not all, just some rogue traders. The same question can be asked to you: do Americans kill each other? Does that mean that its the law? No, these things happen, people take advantage of a situation. The Quran clearly states capturing and imprisoning a free men or woman is never allowed.

See, I often think it's quite remarkable that General Mao was (in about 10 years) able to abolish Slavery AND polygamy. WoW no wonder a billion Chinese revered him as a God and the Communist Manifesto as His Written Word of God - The Last General Mao (PBUH) was able to do what Allah was not able to do; abolish Slavery and polygamy in a few years. Just amazing huh? Wow man - it's like "Scientific Proof" of Mao's Divinity :p

Mao crushed his people and killed well over 40 million who didnt agree with him or his plans. The Prophet was not a dictator like Mao and he never forced anyone to do anything altough it was mostly his enemies forcing stuff on the Muslims. So that is wher your argument has its fundamental flaw.

PS: Did you know the GW Bush is a direct descendant of Mohammad? Haaaa! That's so funny :D

IIRC, someone noted on that other thread that the bloodlines mixed way later than of that Claire (Was that her?) persons bloodline. Dunno :shrug: But the fact is that a lot of people are nowadays his descendent. John Kerry for example. And the Queen. And maybe Bush, I dont know.

u have dark image about islam and quran.
The Historic Context and the Nature of the Holy Quran

It should be emphasized that so many revelations in the Holy Quran came down to provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad and the Muslims based on what they were confronting at that time. Therefore, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations for a proper understanding of these verses.

The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was the peace maker of his time. He endured torture, hunger and the killing of his loved ones by his enemies, but he remained a merciful person. In his most startling conquest of Makkah only four people died. In his 23 years of struggle for Islam, the total number of people who lost their lives from all sides was less than 2,000 in wars that were imposed on him and the Muslim community.

How about these verses
mankind! We created you from a single (pair of a) male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (one who is) the most righteous of you.... (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

mankind! Be mindful of your Guardian-Lord Who created you from a single person. Created, of like nature, his mate and from them twain scattered countless men and women. Be mindful of Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (be mindful of violating relations based on) the wombs; for Allah ever watches over you. (Al-Nisa 4:1)

An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor has a non-Arab over an Arab. You are all born of Adam, and Adam was made out of clay."

Alif Laam Raa. A book which we have revealed to you (Muhammad) so that you may lead the people from out of the darknesses into the light by their Lord's leave to the path of the All-Mighty, the Praiseworthy." [Qur'an 14:1]

the last gathering with the Ummah (nation) during the Hajj season, the Hajj of Wada' (Farewell) a sermon was delivered by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) at the valley of Arafat about 81 or 82 days before his death. It contained the very fundamentals of Islam.

"O people, lend me and attentive ear, for I know not whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.
O people, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury, therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived.

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hopes that he will be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O people, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in mildness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O people, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah (SWT), say your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in zakat. Perform hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over the other except by piety and good deeds.

Remember, one day your will appear before Allah (SWT) and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not go astray from the path of righteousness after my death.

O people, no Prophet or Messenger will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore,

O people, and understand my words, which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O' Allah, (SWT) that I have conveyed Your message to Your slaves."

The importance of this sermon can be seen from the Prophet's perception that this occasion may be the last one during his lifetime. He felt that this was the right time to summarize the principles of Islam to his fellow brothers and sisters.
By the perfection of this religion, it means that there's no need for humanity, and for the Muslims in particular, to look for another alternative way of life. As long as one holds fast to the two things left behind by the Prophet (the Qur'an and the Sunnah), one will never go astray.

pls read this article about the prophet mohamed
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/prophet/asblessing/

Last edited:
Back