Colorado train passengers capture Bigfoot on video

Would they really though? Scientists have their reputations to protect. If they get to be known as the crazy professor who collects bigfoot casts, it might not bode well for their career.
Then why did Miroslava Munguia Ramos, project manager at the UCLA California Environmental DNA program, agree to analyze the eDNA sample from the tree structure?

Are you saying she has no reputation to protect?

And what of Dr Mayor? Does she also have no reputation to protect? Why did she agree to go on an expedition specifically tasked with trying to find evidence for Bigfoot?

Are you saying that the sorts of scientists who go on such expeditions, or who involve themselves in such investigations, are not worth listening to? After all, if they had reputations they cared to protect, why would they ever agree to be part of any such an investigation?

Won't people just consider Dr Mayor and Miroslava Ramos to be crazy people who collect Bigfoot casts etc? Why would they volunteer for that, if what you claim is true?
I think there is a huge stigma about research in this area just as there is for uaps.
That didn't stop Dr Mayor or Miroslava, did it? Why not?
It is far easier to just go along with the crowd and ignore any new evidence investigators turn up.
Why didn't Dr Mayor or Miroslava go along with the crowd, as you thesis would predict they should?

You really haven't thought this through, have you?

Magical Realist said:
Primate DNA turns up in Appalachian region

"This scientific expedition may have finally taken one of the world’s greatest mysteries out of the pages of legend and lore and into reality," said Dr. Mayor.
Really, Dr Mayor? How so? You aren't claiming you found Bigfoot. Are you?
Miroslava Munguia Ramos, project manager at the UCLA California Environmental DNA program, has analyzed the eDNA sample from the tree structure. Following are her observations ....
  • "But what I found very interesting was that, yes, we have detected human DNA in these areas, but we’re still seeing different primate DNA. There wasn’t just one human primate, there are several different primates, some sort of primate relative that exists in the data."
  • "Pan troglodyte is a species of chimpanzee, which you would not see in the areas you’re at. It’s a real head scratcher. It’s important to note that the higher the detection, the more confidence we can say that whatever organism, whatever taxonomy we’re looking at was apparent in the area. And in this case, we’re looking at the Pan genus, or the chimpanzee genus…. there’s 3000 reads."
So what Ramos is saying here is that she identified all sorts of DNA from known species of apes, such as chimpanzees. But there is no mention of any DNA from unknown species.

Speaking personally, these results sound incompetent. If Ramos is saying chimpanzees live in the Appalachians and they do not, then clearly Ramos's samples must have been contaminated somehow - either accidentally or deliberately. Maybe contamination controls in her lab are lax or non-existent. Maybe somebody who was motivated to see bizarre results deliberately contaminated things and it's not Ramos's fault.

Either way, there's no news about Bigfoot to be found in this.

Dr. Mayor expanded on this unique discovery.
  • "Finding what appears to be a very large structure, seemingly created with intention and requiring great strength as well as foresight, is interesting.
Who knows what this might be about? What structure? Magical Realist hasn't provided any information.
It is not unheard of for primates to stack sticks or rocks, although for me, the jury is still out as to what that was.
So they found some rocks that looked stacked up? Ho hum.
There is no guess work in science.
Interesting thing to say, just after she had explicitly talked about a few of her guesses.
It is great is that eDNA was collected from that site. That may give us the answers we are looking for.
But no answers so far, Miroslava? Nothing conclusive, obviously.
"The process of describing and confirming a new species is difficult. DNA is absolutely essential in the scientific community to prove that something is a new or recognized species.
Yes, and the takeaway here is that Miroslava Ramos discovered zero "new" DNA from any unknown species. So, nothing to see here, folks!
You have eyewitness accounts from tens of thousands of people who say they have encountered Bigfoot, some coming forward with blurry videos and photographs. But that is just not going to cut it. What we need is indisputable genetic evidence to really put this mystery to rest. And there’s no doubt in my mind that we are headed in the right direction."
So, the summary is: Ramos found no "indisputable genetic evidence" of any unknown species in her investigation. Nothing to see here, folks!

But it makes money for the the people who sold the TV show of this fabulous Bigfoot hunting expedition. And it makes for a pleasant enough hour on the couch in front of the TV for viewers who don't want to switch their brains on.

Then why did Miroslava Munguia Ramos, project manager at the UCLA California Environmental DNA program, agree to analyze the eDNA sample from the tree structure?

Apparently there's a minority of scientists out there who are openminded enough to assist in the quest. My faith in humanity is affirmed.

Apparently there's a minority of scientists out there who are openminded enough to assist in the quest. My faith in humanity is affirmed.
Sure. All scientists are a collective mind who act in unison and all think the same way - a way that matches TV show cliches.

Just like all UFO enthusiasts wear tinfoil hats and lick toads.

Also, all football players are angry bullies, and all kids with glasses are snivelling math nerds.

Keep on trollin', MR. You're cementing the case for your negative credibility.

It's not my saved videos. I don't have any saved videos. It came up on a Google search.
Perhaps. But it is a Facebook page ( https :// www. facebook.com /watch/?v=701436230630641 ) the links of which are known to not play well with the rest of the kids.

That link immediately redirects to https:// www.facebook.com /watch/ , which is just the generic watch page.

Something to be wary of when posting links. It's always good manners to chase down the YouTube video itself and provide that link for readers.

I'm curious what happens when you click the link in post 145. Does it still work for you? Or do you get the same generic page I do?

Perhaps. But it is a Facebook page ( https :// www. facebook.com /watch/?v=701436230630641 ) the links of which are known to not play well with the rest of the kids.

That link immediately redirects to https:// www.facebook.com /watch/ , which is just the generic watch page.

Something to be wary of when posting links. It's always good manners to chase down the YouTube video itself and provide that link for readers.

I'm curious what happens when you click the link in post 145. Does it still work for you? Or do you get the same generic page I do?

I get the video in a box that starts playing immediately. I preferred this to the youtube versions because it includes about 15 seconds of extra video showing the figure close up.

I get the video in a box that starts playing immediately. I preferred this to the youtube versions because it includes about 15 seconds of extra video showing the figure close up.
Sure, but what's convenient for you isn't convenient for your readers if they can't see it at all.

Back