Cognitive dissonance: gay Dumbledore

Of course, I understand you are being sarcastic and being a gay black man yourself, it would be the height of hypocrisy for you to make these posts were they intended to be taken at face value.

1st: Despite any authoritive presence in the book, is there any reason to believe that being gay is NOT okay???

Being gay is just fine ....it's the sexual acts of gays that ain't fine!

It's kinda like being a psychopath ...if they don't do anything wrong, if they don't kill anyone, then being a psychopath is perfectly acceptable. See? It's the actions of the psychopath that ain't so great.

Ditto for pedophiles ...they can look at little girls or boys all day long, and there ain't nothing wrong with being a pedophile. However, when the succumb to their desires and molest little girls or boys, then it ain't so fine.

Baron Max

It's kinda like being a psychopath ...if they don't do anything wrong, if they don't kill anyone, then being a psychopath is perfectly acceptable. See? It's the actions of the psychopath that ain't so great.

Ditto for pedophiles ...they can look at little girls or boys all day long, and there ain't nothing wrong with being a pedophile. However, when the succumb to their desires and molest little girls or boys, then it ain't so fine.

Baron Max

Sigh... Can't tell if your being serious or not. If so, I am refusing to debate over opinions.

You need to assess personalities over numerous posts before you understand sarcasm.

Baron Max

That is not what Jesus says about sin. He doesn't talk about this subject in particular, but he said if you even think about adultery, it's as bad as adultery itself.

Does anyone understand the thread title? :confused:

Cognitive dissonance is relative.

Personally, I don't find it dissonant that Albus Dumbledore is gay. But I understand that some people find it dissonant.

My contribution to this thread will be that I don't remember "for me" or "to me" in the Floyd song Tiassa cited. Anything else dissons off me at present.

Cognitive dissonance is relative.

Personally, I don't find it dissonant that Albus Dumbledore is gay. But I understand that some people find it dissonant.

The dissonance is in what prejudice means.:shrug:

You cannot have those opinions and still wonder why people consider you prejudiced.

I object to a gay Dumbledore, but just because I have a problem with gays, does not mean I am prejudiced.

I am concerned about confused boys "turning gay" after reading Harry Potter. Its a parental concern, not prejudice. Dumbledore is an authority figure, it will make it seem okay to be gay!

Boys who read Harry Potter and turn gay, will spread STDs throughout the community, but this is a social concern, not prejudice.

Why, oh why, do they call me prejudiced?

Sexist :mad::mad::mad:

GeoffP said:

My contribution to this thread will be that I don't remember "for me" or "to me" in the Floyd song Tiassa cited. Anything else dissons off me at present.

Oh, it's there, I promise. I happen to be listening to Is Anybody Out There (The Wall, Live Earl's Court, 1980-81), and it's present there. Let me check .... Yes, it's on The Wall proper; the line hangs: "Mother do you think she's dangerous ... to me?" I highly recommend, though, for those who haven't encountered it yet, the version from Roger Waters' In the Flesh live album, with Katie Kissoon singing the role of Mother; that missing dimension of the song comes through in a woman's voice.

• • •​

A Note for S.A.M.

Oh, come now ... do you really expect topic posts to translate well around here? I mean, we get your point, but what did you really expect?

Last edited:
No way. I'm checking that out. There's at least one refrain where it's just:

"Mother do you think she's good enough...
Mother do you think she's dangerousss..."

Back