CMBR - Alternative Thinkins

Now coming back to the point, it is clear that cualitatively the CMBR matches with the "Big Bang" theory which says that the Universe was getting colder and colder and with time some "low" background radiation is expected. That's fine, my point was more quantitative in that how it could be demonstrated that the "energy level" of the radiation (as you said and I mean temperature) would be predicted precisely by the theory. As I said I think this haven't been done.

You are incorrect in your thinking.

Qrigin: Your posts are argumentative and denigrating, which is not the purpose of this thread . . . . please moderate yourself and refocus on the friendly discussion (another thread)

No. If someone is spouting moronic BS, I will point it out. If someone arrogantly spouts moronic BS I will be somewhat denigrating.

It is hard enough to suffer fools - it is intolerable to suffer arrogant fools!

Origin: Get back ON TOPIC!! This is an OPEN DISCUSSION of alternative interpretations for CMBR . . . THANK YOU!! very much.

wlminex

Get back ON TOPIC!! This is an OPEN DISCUSSION of alternative interpretations for CMBR .
Dude -- you aren't paying us enough to come up with alternative theories for a large body of physical observations.

The Big Bang model rests on four qualitative pillars: Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, the Recession of Galaxies, the Primordial Elemental Abundances and the Blackness of the Night Sky. Attacking one pillar, even if modestly successful, does nothing to weaken the support of that pillar and the 3 others for standard Big Bang cosmology. You have to tackle the whole problem if you wish to compete with the successes of the standard cosmology.

In detail, the statistical distribution of galaxies and the quantitative agreement of these pillars selects a set of parameters for a GR-based model of the universe with great specificity. This is why, in the last 20 years we went from saying the universe was probably 10-20 billion years old to saying it was 13.7 billion years old.

So far you have not provided incentive or other reason to even consider historically discarded alternatives to the standard Big Bang cosmology, let alone provide reasons for us to come up with new alternatives. Treating the members of the forum like unruly subordinates is no way to motivate others -- especially when they are demonstratively neither your subordinates nor your inferiors.

THANK YOU!! very much.
Dude! Edumacate yerself wit SCIENCE and say less until you know more.

Origin: Get back ON TOPIC!! This is an OPEN DISCUSSION of alternative interpretations for CMBR . . . THANK YOU!! very much.
wlminex

Wilminex: You are getting this discussion OFF TOPIC!! By bringing up your requirements for etiquette it has derailed the discussion and we are talking about etiquette instead of the posts about the simple-minded, uneducated and unevidenced alternatives to a theory that works well. THANK YOU! and don't let it happen again.

Wilminex: You are getting this discussion OFF TOPIC!! By bringing up your requirements for etiquette it has derailed the discussion and we are talking about etiquette instead of the posts about the simple-minded, uneducated and unevidenced alternatives to a theory that works well. THANK YOU! and don't let it happen again.

Origin: . . . see Post #1 . . . .

Origin: Please read my PM to you regarding the last few posts to this thread . . . no point in cluttering the thread with "Off--Topic" discussions.

Origin: Please read my PM to you regarding the last few posts to this thread . . . no point in cluttering the thread with "Off--Topic" discussions.

wlminex: I read your PM and answered it and you answered me... why are you cluttering up this thread with this off-topic information. It is obvious when a PM has been recieved there is no need to tell them.:shrug:

I have been thinking in other phenomenon that could be present in the CMBR as a "background noise". Is that the interstellar gas can absorb some of the radiation in its place and after re-emit it emiting other photons with other frequencies/energies and in other directions.
In other words the interstellar gas could be heated by the radiation received from the rest of the Universe in its place and so it emits some radiation that could be perceived as a background radiation.
This way the CMBR level (temperature) and spectrum could be caused mainly by the interstellar gas.
What do you think about this possibility?

Last edited:
I have been thinking in other phenomenon that could be present in the CMBR as a "background noise". Is that the interstellar gas can absorb some of the radiation in its place and after re-emit it emiting other photons with other frequencies/energies and in other directions.
In other words the interstellar gas could be heated by the radiation received from the rest of the Universe in its place and so it emits some radiation that could be perceived as a background radiation.
This way the CMBR level (temperature) and spectrum could be caused mainly by the interstellar gas.
What do you think about this possibility?

Not much. There is much more gas towards the center of the galaxy so there should be a higher flux of radiation in that direction if you were right, there isn't so your hypothesis is wrong.

Why are you so dead set against the BB? If is always better to let the data lead you to a conclusion that to assume a conclusion and search for data to support the assumed conclusion.

The Standard Model concludes that CMBR is a vestige of the Big Bang and that it exhibits a near-perfect 'black body' spectrum. Would not constant production of CMBR, at a constant rate and energy level, produce a similar spectrum?

One way is that the galaxies give off the energy for the background heat. The universe is expanding relative to the galaxies so the galaxy is the basic unit of heat generation currency.

Another consideration is melting point of helium is 0.95K and the boiling point is 3.2K. The background temperature is in the middle of this.

If we melted ice, the temperature would remain at 0C until all the ice is melted. The background temperature may reflect a phase change temperature that is an average of condensing and freezing helium.

Not much. There is much more gas towards the center of the galaxy so there should be a higher flux of radiation in that direction if you were right, there isn't so your hypothesis is wrong.
That is right if we consider the neighborhood of the galaxy only.
If we consider the entire vast Universe and that with time far gas contribute the same than near gas to the incoming radiation we get in average the same resultant radiation in any direction of the space.
The hypothesis holds.

One way is that the galaxies give off the energy for the background heat. The universe is expanding relative to the galaxies so the galaxy is the basic unit of heat generation currency.

Another consideration is melting point of helium is 0.95K and the boiling point is 3.2K. The background temperature is in the middle of this.

If we melted ice, the temperature would remain at 0C until all the ice is melted. The background temperature may reflect a phase change temperature that is an average of condensing and freezing helium.

Then galaxies should be rather strong point sources for this radiation and they are not, therefore your hypothesis is wrong.

That is right if we consider the neighborhood of the galaxy only.

I am not considering only the local galaxy.

If we consider the entire vast Universe and that with time far gas contribute the same than near gas to the incoming radiation we get in average the same resultant radiation in any direction of the space.
The hypothesis holds.

Please explain how this could be possible - you mean the $$\frac{1}{r^2}$$ relationship does not hold.

If what you say is true then shouldn't the entire sky be as bright as the Milky Way?

The hypothesis is no good.

Please explain how this could be possible - you mean the relationship does not hold.

If what you say is true then shouldn't the entire sky be as bright as the Milky Way?

The hypothesis is no good.
Well I'm thinking interstellar gas would behave differently than stars and galaxies since it is made of disperse atoms or molecules and it is someway "transparent" to the back radiation but I must think more about, I agree.

Last edited:
That would be pretty incredible that all this 'noise' had the same energy level! How do you propose that could possibley be?

Just a little creative imagination...

Suppose that we are near or at the center of a light sphere horizon within the universe. In other words, if the universe is finite it is larger than the distance from where we are to our cosmological horizon. Probably a good bet anyway...

Now suppose that within that light horizon sphere the matter filling that sphere is relatively evenly distributed from our perspective. Again a good bet...

Could not the CMB be the last remnants of EM radiation redshifted to a microwave background. Being in the center of what we can detect it would be relatively equal in all directions. Which it seems to be...

Not saying this is the way it is, just that what we have have believed, does not necessarily always represent what is. Though we do tend to get attached to what we believe in.

Back