Christians, do you believe most people are going to hell?

Photizo: Where, in Scripture, does it say all of mankind is presently in "spiritual death"? Please quote a couple of verses where such is indicated. Be sure and provide Bible book, chapter, and verse.
I'm guessing he is referring to mankinds predicament after Adam ate the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and if one doesn't accept Christ. In that case they will go to the Lake of Fire for eternity.
Seattle:

I try not to second-guess people in these types of discussions. Whenever they make claims about what the Bible says, I ask them to quote a couple of examples of verses where they got the idea from. So let us see if Photizo will present Biblical backing from his/her comments that all of mankind is spiritually dead.

In that case they will go to the Lake of Fire for eternity.
What do you believe the expression "Lake of Fire" means? In other words, are you referring to literal fiery torment for eternity?

It's in Revelations 21:14-15 among other places. I would take it to be literal if I were a believer.

It's in Revelations 21:14-15 among other places. I would take it to be literal if I were a believer.

Seattle:

Since you are not a believer, I see no point in helping you to reason on the Scriptures, which would enable you to see why the "Lake of Fire" in Revelations it is not literal.

Alter2Ego

Seattle:

Since you are not a believer, I see no point in helping you to reason on the Scriptures, which would enable you to see why the "Lake of Fire" in Revelations it is not literal.

Alter2Ego
If I was a believer I wouldn't need any help however?

If I was a believer I wouldn't need any help however?

Seattle:

Everybody needs help understanding scripture. It is a learning process. However, after learning a certain thing, we are obligated to pass on that information to those who are still trying to understand what we now understand. For example, I was taught to pay attention to context when reading Scripture. It is the context (surrounding words, verses, and chapters) that helps us get the correct understanding of what a particular verse is saying.

You cherry-picked Revelations 20:14-15 and completely ignored the context. (You wrote Revelation chapter 21 in error.) In any event, had you paid attention to the context, you would have realized that the "Lake of Fire" is not literal.

You are not unique when it comes to ignoring context, I might add. The reason why the majority of people within Christendom's 41,000 denominations believe in literal hellfire torment is because they routinely ignore context. I know this, because I have debated dozens of those types of people at other websites. And guess what? They frequently present the same list of out-of-context verses in which Jesus Christ is teaching by means of parables/illustrations. That, along with the verses from Revelation 20:14-15 that you brought up. Even after I direct them to the context where it indicates none of it is literal, they refuse to be corrected by scripture.

Alter2Ego

144,000 anointed class...that's literal though isn't it? So, for most people while there isn't (apparently) a hell, there isn't a heaven either.

144,000 anointed class...that's literal though isn't it? So, for most people while there isn't (apparently) a hell, there isn't a heaven either.

Seattle:

The book of Revelation is presented mostly in symbolic language, but based upon the context of the verses where it is used, 144,000 is literal.

Alter2Ego

...according to Scripture, the majority of resurrected mankind will live right here on earth. At that time, earth will be returned to paradisaic, peaceful conditions--

Will ther also be a evil talkin snake an forbidden fruit... or other conditions set up to tempt them to disobey God.???

The only people that will remain permanently dead are those that are considered wicked, from God's viewpoint.

What causes people to become wicked.???

Back