Christianity - Wrong or Right?

I think...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You may insist that Jesus didn't exist, but I believe he did simply because of the things he says....

But then how do you know it's Jesus who said these things?

Jesus needed to have existed before he could have said anything. You can't use your belief in his saying something as evidence for his existence, that's backwards logic.

Note that I'm not challenging Jesus' existence here, I'm challenging your logic for believing his existence.

M*W: I believe Mother Goose existed because of the things she said.
Mother Goose doesn't say the things Jesus does...if you find other characters that say very similar things to him like say Gautama Buddha and Krishna then yeah I would believe that they existed too...

Jesus needed to have existed before he could have said anything. You can't use your belief in his saying something as evidence for his existence, that's backwards logic.

Note that I'm not challenging Jesus' existence here, I'm challenging your logic for believing his existence.
Almost all of Jesus's teachings were radically different from all the other messiahs' teachings at the time....I mean look at Mohommad's or Mose's teachings compared to Jesus's....they're very different....

Its very clear to me that Jesus existed, but then again for anyone who attains the kingdom their very existence will be questioned...

M*W: ...If it were right, there would be only one sect. If it were the right religion, everybody on earth would believe in the same religion and not question its dogma. If it were the right religion, there would be no need for a forum to discuss and debate it.

How can that be, given that, if it is "the right religion," then accordingly there exists an adversary who is a Liar and a Murderer who knows that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand?

"Testimonial evidence is the most basic form of evidence and the only kind that does not usually require another form of evidence as a prerequisite for its admissibility...

In general, a witness is competent if he meets four requirements:

1. He must, with understanding, take the oath or a substitute. Evid. Code §§ 710, 701; Fed. Rules Evid. 603.

2. He must have personal knowledge about the subject of his testimony. In other words, the witness must have perceived something with his senses that is relevant to the case. Evid. Code § 702; Fed. Rules Evid. 602.

3. He must remember what he perceived.

4. He must be able to communicate what he perceived. Evid. Code § 701(a)(1)."

Source: A SUMMARY OF THE RULES OF EVIDENCE:
THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR SURVIVAL IN THE COURTROOM
By Vincent DiCarlo

Luke 1:1-4
Most honorable Theophilus: Many people have written accounts about the events that took place among us. They used as their source material the reports circulating among us from the early disciples and other eyewitnesses of what God has done in fulfillment of his promises. Having carefully investigated all of these accounts from the beginning, I have decided to write a careful summary for you, to reassure you of the truth of all you were taught...

John 20:30-31
Jesus' disciples saw him do many other miraculous signs besides the ones recorded in this book. But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life.

John 21:24
This is that disciple who saw these events and recorded them here. And we all know that his account of these things is accurate.

The Words of the Apostle Paul:
"Dear brothers and sisters, I solemnly assure you that the Good News of salvation which I preach is not based on mere human reasoning or logic...For my message came by a direct revelation from Jesus Christ himself. No one else taught me...

I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me...

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost...

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not...

Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not...

(I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not)...

More Words from John:
The one who existed from the beginning is the one we have heard and seen.

We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life. This one who is life from God was shown to us, and we have seen him. And now we testify and announce to you that he is the one who is eternal life. He was with the Father, and then he was shown to us.

We are telling you about what we ourselves have actually seen and heard, so that you may have fellowship with us.

Etc...

Last edited:
M*W: If it were the right religion, everybody on earth would believe in the same religion and not question its dogma.

M*W: Why is that? Consider: If Medicine*Woman's metaphysical speculations were correct, everybody on earth would believe Medicine*Woman's utterances and not question Medicine*Woman's dogma.

You may insist that Jesus didn't exist, but I believe he did simply because of the things he says....

Ohhhh, well aren't you special.

You're also the one who believes that the "Holy Spirit" is above God and Jesus. LOL

M*W: Why is that? Consider: If Medicine*Woman's metaphysical speculations were correct, everybody on earth would believe Medicine*Woman's utterances and not question Medicine*Woman's dogma.

M*W: Exactly where do you find me promoting the metaphysical?

Back