Christianity and the Role of the Female

wellwisher,
I would guess adding women as priests is more for the atheists since they know this will undermine the formula for success. I would expect division due to the binarius.
Once women throw away the dual standard in culture, I would reconsider my position. But as long as the dual standard remains I have to assume the binarius (Satan) is their formula for success and will undermine the church until it also becomes a dual church that divides.

Wow, that is a twist.
For 2000 years the catholic church has denied women (the nurturer) an equal role in nurturing the human spirit. It is plain to see what that brought us, scandal after scandal of corrupted flesh, by men.
But allowing women into the priesthood will be a corrupting influence via the duality (Satan) issue? C'mon man......

If you look at modern liberalism and the role of women, one thing I notice is the dual standard. On the one hand, we say women are equal, which they are. But then we create two sets of rules such as quotas or all female traditions are good but don't try this is you are male. If you are equal one set of rules is all you need yet two sets are used. Why is that?.

Because of previous inequality. Just as with racism. You don't just end centuries of sexism by declaring equality, that's lazy.

If you look at modern liberalism and the role of women, one thing I notice is the dual standard. On the one hand, we say women are equal, which they are. But then we create two sets of rules such as quotas or all female traditions are good but don't try this is you are male. If you are equal one set of rules is all you need yet two sets are used. Why is that?

Because the centuries of discrimination against them needed to be overcome.

The Catholic Church is between 1600-2000 years old, depending on where you start. Anything that lasts that long and currently has over a billion followers has a formula for success

Islam is 1400 years old and has 2.2 billion followers. I guess they have a better formula.

Once women throw away the dual standard in culture, I would reconsider my position. But as long as the dual standard remains I have to assume the binarius (Satan) is their formula for success and will undermine the church until it also becomes a dual church that divides.

So the church must divide women from men and not allow women to serve as priests, because unless they do that they will be a "dual church that divides?"

Truly you have a dizzying intellect.

Yes, the image of Isis was already imbedded in culture, it was built in marketing. Just like many symbols we now think of as Christian.

Sorry, I thought most mothers mother their children exactly like that. My bad, I suppose.
I guess we have ancient marketing strategies to thank for the idea of mother loving their children in that way.

jan.

Because of previous inequality. Just as with racism. You don't just end centuries of sexism by declaring equality, that's lazy.

I am in favor of the inequality . Yes , women have some special characteristics that man don't have them and so man have some characteristics that woman don't have and that is beautiful, so we complement each other Have quality of married life improved sense woman's lib. I really don't think so I would say we have more divorces now then pre woman's li. ( no statistics on hand )

I am in favor of the inequality . Yes , women have some special characteristics that man don't have them and so man have some characteristics that woman don't have and that is beautiful, so we complement each other Have quality of married life improved sense woman's lib. I really don't think so I would say we have more divorces now then pre woman's li. ( no statistics on hand )

If a woman can do the same job as a man, then she should be paid the same amount, women should also be allowed to go for jobs that were traditionally men's. That's women's lib. Allowing the law to reflect these values doesn't change the fact that you might think having different roles in your personal life are complementary.

Sorry, I thought most mothers mother their children exactly like that. My bad, I suppose.
I guess we have ancient marketing strategies to thank for the idea of mother loving their children in that way.

jan.
Most mothers do that, but they aren't a goddess. Or a virgin.

If a woman can do the same job as a man, then she should be paid the same amount, women should also be allowed to go for jobs that were traditionally men's. That's women's lib. Allowing the law to reflect these values doesn't change the fact that you might think having different roles in your personal life are complementary.

If I am the owner or manager I will have a say so how much I want to pay unless my company does business with the government . The government should not have the right to tell me how much I should pay for a worker .

If I am the owner or manager I will have a say so how much I want to pay unless my company does business with the government . The government should not have the right to tell me how much I should pay for a worker .
But it does, in the USA. I'm not surprised you think discrimination should be legal.

But it does, in the USA. I'm not surprised you think discrimination should be legal.

It is based on supply and demand, I hire Mexican worker because I can pay them lower rate ( that is commonly done in the market ) then local. You want a Job that is my rate and who ever takes it it is fine with me

It is based on supply and demand, I hire Mexican worker because I can pay them lower rate ( that is commonly done in the market ) then local. You want a Job that is my rate and who ever takes it it is fine with me

That's fine as long as the Mexican is a citizen or has a green card.

arauca
Originally Posted by spidergoat View Post

Quality of life has improved for the woman since woman's lib, and suffrage, and the right to vote, and property ownership, and being equal under the law..Whatever rights man can claim, woman should be able to claim also. Physical function has nothing to do with being an "equal person" under the law.
I hope you are not suggesting that women have no right to those "Unalienable Rights" ?

If you cannot understand that you leave yourself open to the charge of chauvinist.

Quality of life has improved for the woman since woman's lib, and suffrage, and the right to vote, and property ownership, and being equal under the law..Whatever rights man can claim, woman should be able to claim also. Physical function has nothing to do with being an "equal person" under the law.
I hope you are not suggesting that women have no right to those "Unalienable Rights" ?

If you cannot understand that you leave yourself open to the charge of chauvinist.

I don't have a problem been a male chauvinist pig . I had a mother , I have sisters, I have a wife and love them very much . They should have the right to vote , Inclusively my wife votes contrary to me, an this is fine with me too. Again some women have a better ability to do one type of work the man and some man have different talent to do work , so I pay according to their ability and to supply and demand . That think to regulate wages what Union have done. It stink , That is why industry moved to India China Malaysia, and you are crying that is what equal pay have done.

Aside from the Christian aspect, even Commerce is governed by rules of equal pay for equal work. Slavery and indenture have been outlawed for some time now.

Aside from the Christian aspect, even Commerce is governed by rules of equal pay for equal work. Slavery and indenture have been outlawed for some time now.

Piss on your word slavery . That for long time does not exist here so stop crying . That was in 1865 wen was abolished , You want to eat, then work, and you will sell your labor for whatever the market bears,, I used to work for $ 2.00 per hour

jan.

Your historical knowledge of religion is about as deep as a puddle.

Back