Christian Paradox

Man, read the wikipedia article on it. That's where I got it from.

Hapsburg said:
Okay. In Christianity, they believe that Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, thereby sentencing Judas to hell for his deed.
HOWEVER, in christianity, God supposedly created Jesus specifically to die for humanity's sins, Big J knew it, Big G knew it. If Jesus' death for humanity was part of "God's Big Plan (TM)", wouldn't that mean that Judas did precisely as he was supposed to do, and had no control over it, as it was part of "gods big plan (tm)"?
Ergo, since what he did was a direct part of the "plan", he should not have been sentence to hell, and has, ergo, suffered MORE than Jesus did for humanity's sins.

Logical Paradox. Here is irrefutable evidence, from christian scripture, that christianity is logically unsound, and is therefore a paradox within itself.
To quote Ned Flanders:
"Yeah, even that stuff that contradicts that other stuff!"
It was no paradox since who was to betray Him was to betray Him using his own choice.

Also you lack knowledge since the Bible doesn't say that he went to hell (actually I think no one has gone to hell yet - that will happen after the judgement). If there was any questions regarding his free choice in the matter then we should be happy (and Judas too) to know that God is a rightous God and would not send him to hell on a lacking basis. Who goes where is up to God :)

You could beforehand know that one of your friends would betray you, and you could know it so well that you can even say to him "go do it then" - without implying too much. Did that mean that you made him do it? Wouldn't you have the right to make him responsible afterwards?

God doesn't make us do bad things, we do them ourselves, God tries to set us straight and that also gives us the option of disobeyence. Before the law there was no sin (you didn't know how to sin). But God wanted us to get out of the darkness.

Last edited:
Paul299 said:
Scripture talks about this some were , were it says in effect “ One person has been crerated for
this purpose and another person for something else” but no one is forced to do anything outside
of there own nature.
Where in the Bible might that be?

Cyperium, you are forgetting one thing:
your god doesn't really exist, so your whole statement kinda falls apart.

Hapsburg said:
Cyperium, you are forgetting one thing:
your god doesn't really exist, so your whole statement kinda falls apart.
I believe He exist. I base my statements on my belief. Thus it has not fallen apart.

But rest assured I am on my grounds.

Your basing your statement on a belief that is totally devoid of logic, ergo the logic of your statement is nonexistant, and therefore your statement is illogical and thereby FALSE.
You lose. Go home.

It was no paradox since who was to betray Him was to betray Him using his own choice
So if Judas had changed his mind at the last minute God would have been wrong then?
Or if Judas was "always" going to "inevitably " make that choice then it wasn't a choice, he was following a programme, and therefore so are we all and cannot be held accountable for our "sins". Oh, and if it was an inevitable choice then God has to take some blame for putting Jesus in the firing line at that time.
Its like knowing a suicide bomber is going to walk into a certain cafe on a certain day at certain time. If you want to get blown up all you have to do is walk into that cafe 5 minutes before the bomber walks in and enjoy your last cup of coffee.
In that particular case it's suicide and murder - if you knew it was going to happen why didn't you get it stopped, you're responsible for you own death and those of any other victims.

Back