Christian Logic

I think this guy thinks he's the reincarnation of Jesus.

I was talking to a woman who works at drug clinics. She was saying how crazy people come in all the time; many think they're the reincarnation of Jesus. But you never hear a reincarnated Moses, Muhammed or Zoraster.

the difference between a seeker of truth and an idiot is a seeker explores every avenue until error is discovered where an idiot already thinks they know everything. don't worry I've wasted enough time on you bananaheads so I'm gone for good

Ok So I am in a debate at the current moment with my friend, his wife, and thier friend.

Tell me,please, ANYONE, where the holy living hell is thier logic?

:shrug:

MY FRIEND:
So, the nightmare bail out bill didn't pass. Taxpayers have been spared 20 years of burden. Well, at least for a few more days, until the politicians can come up with a new way to sell ocean front property in Kansas. What absolutely amazes me, is how the Dumbocraps can honestly try to blame the Republicans for this failure. Ummmm...don't you have the majority? Yeah, that's what I thought. What it boils down to, is that Pelosi and her minions don't want to be held fully accountable for the failure that would have come from that nightmare. Pay attention people, they ain't promotin no kind of change that you want. And Barack is no better than any of the rest. Keep these people in check folks. They're hell bent on ushering in 1 world currency, and 1 world government. Wether this is when it's supposed to happen or not, I truely don't know, but all of this is in the Bible. And for those of you telling me about the separation of church and state, you'd better tell the politicians
that. I'm not going to explain it for you if you're to lazy.

ME:
I've read the Bible front to back many times and nowhere does it say, not even in Revelations, that it is going to happen. Hate to bust your bubble pal.
In Rev 13, 15-17, the only place throughout the enitre book of Revelations that has anything at all do with some kind of market, it says:

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to recieve a mark in thier right hand, or in thier forheads;
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Now, how you can possible assume or decifer that this has anything to do with any one-world currency and/or government is beyond me.

MY FRIENDS' FRIEND
Serously? You claim to have read the bible cover to cover many times and you missed this verse referring to uniting the world on ONE system?

Revelations (13:16-18): "And he (the Beast) shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and slaves, to receive a mark on their right hands, or on their foreheads, and that none might buy or sell, unless he carried this mark, which was the beast's name, or the number that stands for his name. Here is wisdom; he that has understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred and sixty-six".

ME: What? Please, explain how that has ANYTHING to do with a one world government or currency?

MY FRIENDS WIFE:
I feel so sorry for you... you have changed so much since i first met you and it is evident that the blinders are on just like they are on so many other people in this country.
Take care and good luck to you

ME:
I don't want anyone's pity. I didn't realize it was a "sin" to think outside the box and within scientific logical reasoning. I have no problem with Christianity... its the surplus of fundamentalist Christians I have an issue with.

I was raised Christian, in a strict Christian family. I had to read the bible EVERY day for 2 hours each day Mon-Sat, and 3 hours on Sundays, for 13 years of my life. I can probably recite and explain more of the bible off the top of my head than most preachers out there can. And though the bible has many profound and useful teachings of ethical morality, it has been my observation and understanding that humans have totally ripped the bible apart and pieced it together for thier own purposes and goals; most of which are now political. "Christian" analysts have taken the parts of the what was originally a great book, and placed thier own interpretations on it for the benefit of the church, so that they can stay in business, for lack of better words. And that is why the Vatican outright rejected the Gospel of St Thomas (amongst many many other gospels), though recently scientifically proven to be from the place and time of the original gospels in the NT, because there were verses where it has been interpreted that Jesus himself denounced churches and the attendance of them, nearly stating that they were not needed to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Do you think that the Vatican would accept that? Hell no! (No pun intended).

77 Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. 2 Split a piece of wood; I am there. 3Lift up the stone, and you will find me there.
"

....thus viably implying (as understood by most interpreters, and even to the Vatican) that if Jesus is everywhere, to worship him, pray to him, or otherwise requires not the use of a church or assigned structure. IE, the Church is not needed.

Believe in Christianity all you want as long as it makes you happy. But believe this: What is best for one person is not always best for another. And just because one is Christian, it does not make them any better than the rest of the world. We are all human. We are all different, and we are all equal. So save your pity for someone who cares. Our differences are what makes this world beautiful.

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving.
"

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Why is it that such a well read person in the Bible cannot see a 3 lettered word all

Revelations (13:16-18): "And he (the Beast) shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and slaves, to receive a mark on their right hands, or on their foreheads, and that none might buy or sell, unless he carried this mark, which was the beast's name, or the number that stands for his name. Here is wisdom; he that has understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred and sixty-six".

What kind of logic exists in a mind that can quote the bible but cannot read and comprehend the most simple words?

Amazing

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I haven't verified the scripture quote but assuming it's accurate : It says all but then in the same sentence says that none might buy or sell UNLESS he carried this mark. Either not all get the mark or the sentence is selfcontradictory.
I can assure you I won't be getting it & I don't even believe The Holy Babble.
Did we need the full post quote?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't verified the scripture quote but assuming it's accurate : It says all but then in the same sentence says that none might buy or sell UNLESS he carried this mark. Either not all get the mark or the sentence is selfcontradictory.
I can assure you I won't be getting it & I don't even believe The Holy Babble.
Did we need the full post quote?
You see contradiction where there is none. The verse says what will be done and why they will do it. Can’t you comprehend?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Xians do not use logic nor do they seem to recognize it. If you wish to keep these people as friends just let it drop. If you don't value their friendship,, have fun and cite your sources.

Last edited:
Xians do not use logic nor do they seem to recognize it. If you wish to keep these people as friends just let it drop. If you don't value their friendship,, have fun and cite your sources.

Its not about the value of friendship to me. It's about pointing out ignorance and trying, in my best attempts, to get them to think OUTSIDE the box. But then again, I guess the box was made for people like that.

Its not about the value of friendship to me. It's about pointing out ignorance and trying, in my best attempts, to get them to think OUTSIDE the box. But then again, I guess the box was made for people like that.

It's not about inside or outside the box, just getting them to think is the task.

Do you realize that you are just another preacher? Perhaps that is your calling but circumstances being what they are you feel that being a Christian Preacher is not for you but then supposedly you are a Buddhist, although that may be some form of novelty. However, i think that particular philosophy is incredibly absurd, especially the whole reincarnation thing.

But this is not for me to decide...see how that works?

Perhaps an individual with whom I can hold an intelligent discussion. christianity is illogical and that's why 99.99 % of prayers don't get past the ceiling. You know the bible so didn't Jesus (not his real name) say for anybody that wished to follow him to first give all that they had to the poor? Have you ever met a christian that would even give you a hundred dollars? I don't want to attack christians just yet but if we converse I will debate with you but please don't take offense because while I am the least of the least (so I'm rather blunt) it's my upbringing. I came from a back alley so I'm not sanctimoneous or self righteous and as I've already said I don't think that I'm better than anyone else. It's intersting that you are one of very few that I've ever heard that acknowledge the name part of 666. What's even more interesting is that there's six letters in my first name, six letters in my second, and six in my last. I've healed people of cancer, mental illness and was close to trying to heal a cripple but I chickened out. Just over twenty years ago I was annihilated by a five ton truck in which I died for thirty-seven seconds during which time I saw both heaven and hell.

Want to talk?

yes I do, send me some private messages.

not so much to debate, but first to hear your story.

then i'll start poking holes in it:).

just kidding I am really interested and want to know more (although I most likely will poke holes in it:D).

Do you realize that you are just another preacher? Perhaps that is your calling but circumstances being what they are you feel that being a Christian Preacher is not for you but then supposedly you are a Buddhist, although that may be some form of novelty. However, i think that particular philosophy is incredibly absurd, especially the whole reincarnation thing.

But this is not for me to decide...see how that works?

First of all, (this is a first...) you are right in regards to the "just another preacher" comment. I realize that now. Thank you..... seriously.

Secondly, my religious choice is of no novelty. Though you may disagree with it, or what I believe, I take my spiritual life quite seriously.

I've nothing else to say here except to sum it up: thank you for the bit of self-realization that you have provided, and that though you may disagree with my religious choice, it is not your's to judge, nor was it mine to judge a Christians choice.

Thanks. :)

Ok So I am in a debate at the current moment with my friend, his wife, and thier friend.

Tell me,please, ANYONE, where the holy living hell is thier logic?
Christians in general are logical. It's YOUR friends who are illogical. Maybe that should tell you something.

Funny. I was momentarily tempted to say something similiar about you in my previous post. I managed to resist that kind of remark as I usually do.

I've nothing else to say here except to sum it up: thank you for the bit of self-realization that you have provided, and that though you may disagree with my religious choice, it is not your's to judge,

I dont think i provided any self realization and i dont agree or disagree with any choices anyone here makes.

Back