Carjacker shoots baby in face!

madanthonywayne

Morning in America
Registered Senior Member
A horrific crime has Gary, IN in an uproar. A woman was putting her one year old baby into her car when a carjacker shot her and took the car. A short time later the car was found. The baby had been shot in the face!
Kwana Shaw, 29, was loading her 13-month-old baby into the backseat of her SUV when she was shot around 7:30 p.m. Monday. Shaw is hospitalized in critical condition and is expected to undergo surgery. Her son, Josiah, was killed.

"Taking any life is terrible but to shoot a child makes it worse," said Cmdr. Samuel Roberts, Gary Police Dept.

The suspect, who is still on the run, left Shaw in the street and took off in the car with the baby still inside.

"She stated a suspect approached her as she was placing the child in the red Ford Explorer. He shot her and took the child with him in the vehicle," said Cmdr. Samuel Roberts, Gary Police Department.

Investigators found the abandoned Ford Explorer along 21st Avenue.

"The man was aware there was a child there because she was placing the kid in the vehicle when he approached so he was well aware," said Cmdr. Roberts. "That takes a very low individual to do something like that. To take any life is terrible, to shoot a child makes it even worse."

Gary police called in SWAT teams and a canine unit. They spent much of the night searching for the killer.

"We are junkyard dog tenacity going after this because we don't want any homicides in Gary, Ind.," said Mayor Rudy Clay, Gary.

Gary police SWAT teams converged on the downtrodden downtown area where Shaw and her son were shot. The mayor hopes the police presence will encourage people to come forward with information.

"There will be no peace and tranquility here in Gary, Indiana, until we catch this person," said Mayor Clay. "You cannot hesitate on cooperating here because you may be next. You can't allow a person to get away with something like this if you know you need to stand up and tell the police department."

Anyone with information should call the Gary Police Department. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5920976
When I see a crime like this, I can't understand how anyone can oppose the death penalty.

some of those babies are real mean ever been attacked by a mob of angry babies it is horrific

madanthonywayne....what exactly are you waiting for here? what sort of response? sadness? hatred? ... I dont get it.

I mean I am sure somewhere in Zimbabwe right now a woman was raped and was killed and her baby died in her...and now what? I mean yeah its real bad...but now what? what changed? I am still here reading this and thinking what exactly I should be doing/saying/replying/acting...well?

think hes expecting everyone to be wanting to kill the guy. I feel sorry for him, what would make him that desprate that he would do something like this. He needs to be hospitlised. At least shooting the baby in the head was a mercy, it would have been instant death

I'm originally from Gary, Indiana. I remember when it was a decent place to live. Now it's generally in the running for "murder capital of the world". But even for Gary, this crime is beyond the pale.

What do I want you to do? Nothing. Just making you aware of a horrible story from my neck of the woods. Also, I like to put the death penalty in context. People like this guy deserve it.

think hes expecting everyone to be wanting to kill the guy. I feel sorry for him, what would make him that desprate that he would do something like this. He needs to be hospitlised. At least shooting the baby in the head was a mercy, it would have been instant death
Shooting a baby in the face is a mercy? You feel sorry for the murderer? Must be those penal colony roots showing again!

Mad think about this, what would make YOU do something like that?

if your answer is nothing then that proves my point. He must have a mental illness in which case he deserves treatment

And yes shooting ANYONE in the head is more merciful than a lot of other things i can think of. Would much rather die that way than say having my arms and legs removed while im still alive

Futher more not everyone thinks like you do mad. Not everyone thinks that locking people up or killing them is the way to go. If you trace back the REASON a crime was comited you will find the action that needs to be taken and most of the time its either better social wealfare or better mental health care.

Mad think about this, what would make YOU do something like that?

if your answer is nothing then that proves my point. He must have a mental illness in which case he deserves treatment
Nice verbal Jujitsu. Really, a pretty good argument.

But, in my mind, when you take someone's life, you forfeit all of your own rights. When I hear of a crime of this sort, especially against a child, it infuriates me.
And yes shooting ANYONE in the head is more merciful than a lot of other things i can think of. Would much rather die that way than say having my arms and legs removed while im still alive
I picture him driving the car, hearing the baby cry and, without a thought, shooting it in the face. Say what you will, that IS NOT MERCY. That is the act of an inhuman animal who regards shooting a baby in the face as equivalent to turning down the radio.
Futher more not everyone thinks like you do mad.
Sad, but true.
If you trace back the REASON a crime was comited you will find the action that needs to be taken and most of the time its either better social wealfare or better mental health care.
Was the murderer abused as a child? Did his mother slap him? Was he out of work? Does he have a chemical imbalance?

The answers to these questions may help in preventing future crimes. But they do not absolve the killer of guilt. They do not bring back to life his victims. He must pay for his crimes, in the case of the guy in the OP, with his life.

thats the difference between you and I, i see ALL life as a recorce that can be harnessed. If you can cure his problems then he may well end up a productive member of sociaty. Hell he might even invent the next penicillin. While we treat crime the way we do we are doing the whole of sociaty a dis-service. I cant see my view prevailing in the forseeble future but i can help keep the death penelty out of Australia

I would be looking at the baby's dad. Some men just hate paying child support. Reminds me of that football player who paid to have his pregnant ex girlfriend killed. Ray Combs??

finally
it is high time some one did something about these squaling babies
pardon
caterwauling babies

not only that, what a honest carjacker to do these days?
are babies now included in the convenience package when one makes an auto
purchase?

you know what
that is kinda harsh tho
i'd jes toss the fuckers out
no mess and whatnot
value is maintained, see

Orleander do you have ANY proof of that?

If not thats definamation (a crime by the way) and a rather cruel one at that

??? I didn't say "The Dad did it!!!" I said "I would look at the Dad"
Look at what Susan Smith did. When children are hurt the police start with the family.

and so what if I had said "The Dad did it"?

God, how awful.

I have a ten month old and a two and a half year old and I think I would go insane if something like that happened to me. The thought of anyone harming my children brings terror and rage to my mind. What could drive someone to actually doing something like this? How much of a cold blooded bastard would you have to be to simply shoot a defenseless child in the face?

Would I want the perpetrator dead if it were my child? Yes. I'd kill him with my bare hands if given the chance. Is it right to kill him for this? No. Giving this man the death penalty would not resolve anything. It would not deter someone else of committing a similar crime. It would lower the State to his level in becoming a killer.

Orleander yes the police always look at family and friends first, husbands and wives especially. That doesnt mean you have the right to assume its him or assume that he was a bad father. Your jumping to conclusions with no evidence. This is a science site rember, EVIDENCE is all

Yes. I'd kill him with my bare hands if given the chance. Is it right to kill him for this? No.

Why not? Please leave the "lowering to his standard" crap out of it.

It is perfectly normal to pay back kindness with kindness and crime with punishment. People who think that punishment should be LESS than the crime are fucking morons...

Orleander yes the police always look at family and friends first, husbands and wives especially. That doesnt mean you have the right to assume its him or assume that he was a bad father. Your jumping to conclusions with no evidence. This is a science site rember, EVIDENCE is all

You have got to be kidding me.:bugeye: No one can speculate who did it unless they have proof?
Fine, then I don't think the kid was shot til I see a picture. I'll think the Mom lied til a 'carjacker' is captured.

Why are you all up in arms that someone thinks the Dad should be looked at? It's police procedure!!!! Its good science to go with the law of averages. Its why the police do it!

Back