Can you see God?

moementum7

~^~You First~^~
Registered Senior Member
Why is it when I look at god I become blinded?
This is a discussion that will need some imput from anyone who has a conviction in the existence of God.
Thanks.

It is probably just one of the subtle tricks developed by the early Christian myth-makers. Since they knew there was no such thing as God they added this little wrinkle so that if any sighted person (the vast majority) claimed to have seen God (an impssibility since he didn't exist) then their claims would be immediately dismissed as bogus.

I'm not sure if they thought much about blind people who had once been sighted claiming they had seen God - since the numbers are likely to be insignifcant then they could probably ignore that risk.

Kat

can you see atoms or DNA? but you still believe it because a limited amount of people (scientists) tell you and they provide proof (pics, text etc.) well to religious people the scientists are the Prophets, the evidence is the miracels/prophicies etc. in the books and the signs of creation.

the answer is simple. there is either a God or not. the answer depends on the individual. science has proven that 15 Billion years ago the universe was created at a certain point and it will come to an end at a certain point from now. before that nothing exsisted including time and space. it would be immpossible to image what the universe was like before the Big Bang becasue "nothing" (and this really is "nothing") is unimaginable. when someone asks you to imagine nothing, in your head, you'll probably be thinking something like a blank white space with "nothing" there. well even this is wrong. first off white is something and the actual "space" that "nothing" covers is something. and before the big bang according to science and religion these things didn;t exsist. not even the space that nothing covers exsistred or the time that "nothing" exsisted for. if it is scientifically proven that something s bizaree as this is possible then why is the idead of God ridiculous to some people. also it is proven that the universe will enevitably come to an end, which is according to (some) religions going to be the doomsday

Oh come on - please stop posting the same post in every thread - it is nonsense nayway.

Kat

It amy be my own fault by not being able to clearly comunicate what I am asking.
But I wil try.
If you believe in god, can't you see him?
Not objectively as an object, but as a presence.
How do you see him?
If you beleive in god, how did you come to this conclusion if you cannot see him.
My job allows me time to think deeply once and awhile and yesterday I took it upon myself to very intensely see/imagine a god.
It was literaly amazing.
This is where words may not be able to see what I am talking about, and since I do not take anything on faith, I will have to assume that it was only my imagination. But when I "imagine a "GOD" very intently, I find it incredibly AWEsome.
It is actually very cool to exist in a universe that has a GAWD!!!
Makes me feel awesome. Let me rephrase that....makes me feel MORE awesome :D
It makes me feel like I am living in an age of some type of mythology.
I understand that it is probobly impossible to have this discussion with many people who already have preconceived ideas of "God".
Screw everything you have read in books, marred by others interpretations.

For some reason I am able to see both sides very clearly, that of having a god and not.
Even if this is do to my use of imagination.
So for all of you who do not beleive, use your imagination very intently, and imagine a GOD!
Or not.
Anyways, I saw God more clearly than I ever have before, even if it was only my imagination.
Fuck that sounds crazy,
Oh well, I'm still fucking awesome! :D

John 5:37
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:20
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Exodus 33:18-23
18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."
19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD , in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
21 Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

Fellow Christians, does this mean that one can see God, but not His face, or is this simply a parallel to Isaiah chapter 5..

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

This has some very interesting implications..

Genesis 32:30
"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

STEVEN SEES GOD!!!!
Acts 7:55-56
55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
56 "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

The pinnacle of man and God talking together!!!
Exodus 33:11
"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speakest unto his friend."

But on closer inspection, this is what the IVP New Testament Commentaries discovered!

One man full of the Holy Spirit faces a gallery of men full of hate. Luke is not describing a special momentary gifting in Stephen (as Haenchen 1971:292; Bruce 1990:240), but the fitting climax of a life in the Spirit (6:5, 8, 15; Williams 1985:132). The gallery concentrates on him; Stephen gazes into heaven (atenizo is stronger than the NIV looked up to; compare 1:10; 3:4, 12; 6:15). God grants that Stephen may peer into heaven itself with his mind's eye and see the glory of God (either a circumlocution for God the Father or the shekinah glory that both conceals and reveals the divine presence and nature; compare 7:2; 22:11).

Hope that settles it for ya :cool:

Can you see the air you breath ??? if not, can we say the air you breath does not exist ?

Proud Muslim and SouthStar,

The air and your liver are detectable by many differnet means which allow us to know of their existence.

Gods and souls have never been detected by any means. They are simply fantasies.

Kat

Katazia said:

The air and your liver are detectable by many differnet means which allow us to know of their existence.

Gods and souls have never been detected by any means. They are simply fantasies.

Kat

God has been "detected" and therefore is proof that souls do exist.

This is what scripture has to say:

Psalm 19:
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard. [1]
4 Their voice [2] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

Because I know you still cannot see the proof, this itself is proof that you are blind spiritually. So was I, but Christ leads me through the valley of the shadow of death now, and I fear no evil.

SouthStar,

God has been "detected"
Details man, how, when and where?

and therefore is proof that souls do exist.
Why? Even if a god were to be shown to exist it doesn't follow that souls would exist as well.

And quoting scriptures written by men is no form of proof or useful.

Because I know you still cannot see the proof, this itself is proof that you are blind spiritually.
Not quite. It is simply that I cannot accept baseless assertions.

So was I, but Christ leads me through the valley of the shadow of death now, and I fear no evil.
I remember being there and saying the same things some 40 years ago. It took a long time to overcome the indoctrination and brainwashing. You have my sympathies, but be quite sure that you are basing your beliefs on pure fantasies. You might feel happy in your beliefs and that will reinforce them but then those deluded people in insane asylums also often feel quite happy. Truth is often harsh and not pleasant – hiding behind religion or leaning on it like a crutch is just a way to avoid dealing with reality. To break away from your brainwashing will take a real effort to think for yourself and significant courage. I wish you luck for the future. Perhaps when you leave school and start facing real life you will gain an insight into reality and hopefully reject religion for the fraud that it is.

Kat

Before I start, do you therefore believe everything happens by chance?

Colossions 2
6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.
9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

--

I will show you a miracle that God has wraught.

The text deals with three things, the people trying to "help" me "overcome the indoctrination and brainwashing" through "philosopy and empty deceit, through the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

It also shows that Christ, who was on earth in flesh, has the FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD in Him BODILY, that is to say, in bodily form, so He is NOT at all diminished. I am sure from this you can answer your own questions about "how, when and where?".

Souls DO exist because it goes on to say "and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power". That means we BELONG to Him like property to the owner.

Although you simply REFUSE to understand 2 Timothy 3:16, which says:

6All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

there really is nothing I can do to help you, I leave it to God.

Remember, in THREE verses God has answered all that you have said. Three consecutive verses. Not just a coincidence, even if you believe in "luck".

This is what the Timothy 2 has to say:
23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Last edited:
Katazia said:

Kat

God and soul are fantasies only to the retards ( you know who I am talking about ).

God can be detected by your conscious and your logic ( if you have one that is ).

You are very disturbed, you never ever participate in the debate, you only post unrelated comments, I am sure a jinn is possessing you.

Back