Can some sceptics debunk this for me:

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt.

how do you know this?
anyways, my father once worked for ISRO and helped in launch of APPLE,he was engineer in that project.ISRO where he worked was then involved with weather phenomenon study.

He studied the site(via a studpid old rusty aircraft with his team mates from above daily).he used to fly over the site to make maps or something.The radioactivity on this site was abnormally high as he told me.I have been to the site myself.The site has immense level of compass varations.I dont know what it was,may be compass that i used was of low quality,but it kept moving to and fro near the lake. Anyway its a pretty place to visit,although mysterious enough to make you think.But hey! all of things happen for a reason. ;)

bye!

>> The radioactivity on this site was abnormally high as he told me.I have been to the site myself.The site has immense level of compass varations...

Thanks for sharing Zion... strange

:)

"radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous."

yeah, that seems kinda fishy to me. radiation drops off exponentially with time and 8000 years is a long time. somehow i just dont see an area exposed to intense radiation 8000 years ago as being radioactive today.

Yeah theres no info on the levels of radiation detected at that site. There is also nuclear power stations near Rajasthan, India. To many unknowns in this story intresting but the possibilty that the nuclear power station could have leaked radiation in to that area would really hurts that theory.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2002/08/12/stories/2002081207981100.htm

The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited has got plans for Rajasthan as it proposes a Nuclear Park in Rawatbhata, where at present four units of RAPS (Rajasthan Atomic Power Station) are located. While two more units (RAPS 5 and 6) of 220 MWe each are under construction there is a proposal to build RAPS 7 and 8 with 540 MWe each up to the 11th Plan.

I guess I could interject the the story of Adams bridge here. If it is true, that some civilization existed 1.27 million years ago, in the Indian subcontinent. Then considering our own civilization has taken only 10,000 years to advance from stoneage to spaceage, then it is almost certain that this civilization would have nuclear technology and beyond. This would mean, the claims of flying vehicles, weapons of mass destruction, wonderous technology, star civilizations, as described by early cultures, may in fact be real.

The bridge that is 1.27 million years old, was said to be constructed in the Hindu epic, Ramayana, that claims to be from that period. It is not far-fetched, if we consider the existence of Alien civilizations, and early colonization of Earth. It may well be, that we are not the original proper inhabitants of Earth.

Thus these claims, minus the "we found radiation story" of a nuclear war in the past, may in fact be an actual nuclear war!

Ah! The Adams Bridge yes.Its amazing that Ramayana has described it and it was found underneath...amazing...

bye!

Fascination should not be confused with 'influence', nor with true scholarship. As for his utterance at the testing of the atomic bomb, I believe Oppenheimer simply remembered an appropriate phrase from the Gita when he saw saw the atomic device explode. None of his biographies imply any major influence of the Gita on his life. In fact, the particular phrase that he "remembered" is not in the Gita, I believe. He only remembered the sense of a particular section.

:m: Peace.

If you would have taken two minutes to read some stuff from the link you would have seen that Oppenheimer was influenced by the gita, and indian philosophy in general (I take it a dartmouth prof. is a reliable source). This is more or less common knowlege is it not? You're not actually expecting anyone to believe you've read any of his biographies when you're not even aware that the phrase is from the gita and not just "the sense" of some particular section. Anyways, my point was not to get in some argument about the extent to which Oppenheimer was influenced by the gita, my point was that the father of the A-bomb related the first explosion he witnessed to the gita, out of all things in the world he could've said he chose to quote the Bhagavad Gita. My question is, is that just a coincidence?

grover said:
If you would have taken two minutes to read some stuff from the link you would have seen that Oppenheimer was influenced by the gita...
And if you spent only two minutes reading forty odd pages, you apparently are little-concerned with comprehesion or details.
You're not actually expecting anyone to believe you've read any of his biographies when you're not even aware that the phrase is from the gita and not just "the sense" of some particular section.
Oppenheimer did not utter a direct quote. The closest I can find to what he did say is:

If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the

Mighty one...
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.
my point was that the father of the A-bomb related the first explosion he witnessed to the gita, out of all things in the world he could've said he chose to quote the Bhagavad Gita. My question is, is that just a coincidence?
Yes.

:m: Peace.

I don't know much about radiation, honestly.

But I've read the Mahabharata as one huge volume, and I know it pretty well, and I do believe that the events at the battlefield of Kurukshetra did occur.

The one big volume of the Mahabharata I've read, for those of you maybe searching for it as one volume, is published by Torchlight Publishing and written by Krishna Dharma.

The weapon held by Asvathamma, enemy of Arjuna, was called the Bharmashira. Arjuna had a similar weapon.

Here is quote about the weapons and their effects from the Mahabharata version I read:

Ashvathamma recited the incantations to invoke the Bharamashira...as Ashvatthama invoked this weapon, a glaring light spread in all directions....[about Arjuna's weapon] He released the missile and it met with Ashvathamma's in the sky. A great circle of blazing light filled the heavens. It appeared as if a second brilliant sun had risen and was about to burn the universe to ashes.

Ashvatthama eventually redirected the weapon's target to someone other than Arjuna, but Krishna stopped it from killing that person and destroying the universe, and Arjuna had the knowledge to withdraw his weapon safely. So I believe neither of these powerful blazing weapons ever impacted upon the earth; therefore, this radiation must not relate at all to the battle of Kurukshetra or Arjuna's great weapon.

I apologize for ranting a bit off-topic... :rolleyes: Hopefully people will still enjoy reading my post even though I didn't really relate it much to other posts...I'm new here. :eek:

If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the

Mighty one...
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.
Wow. I never knew the line before the famous one ("I am become Death"), but it doesn't half have echoes of the infamous Ralph Waldo Emerson quote given by John W. Campbell Jr to Isaac Asimov to help inspire what went on to become one of the most famous science fiction stories of all time, Nightfall.
If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the city of God.
Ralph Waldo Emerson: On Nature
(When I say "echoes", obviously I don't mean in an afterwards sense!)

Back