Can modern biology and medicine make us immortal?

I think we need better scientists because right now scientists have no idea about the human body truly works.

Scientists presume that everything is the human body is just controlled by genetics but I think there's much more to it.

Like I said, I think we need smarter or more-capable scientists.

I always find it fascinating, yet predictable, that some folks are never satisfied with the work scientists are doing, despite the fact those same folks barely, if at all, understand what science is all about.

Can modern biology and medicine make us immortal?
Any anti-aging drugs possible?

if your cells worked right and kept dividing forever you could be biologically immortal.
you would probably get killed by something other than ageing eventually though, if you didn't take further preventative measures.

I think NMN in combination with TA-65 might make humans immortal.
because NMN makes sure that cells work the way they have to in order to keep an organism alive, and TA-65 makes sure they can divide forever and hence continue to do so forever.
there have been some rather interesting studies with NMN on mice,
it actually made them look younger.
they still died though, I suspect because their cells stopped being able to divide.

NMN has been talked down lots because people are afraid it will contribute to overpopulation.

Perhaps, going down the road of anti-aging or immortality is not a good one when it comes to evolution as it may tend to steer the human species to sterility considering our world will become so over populated that we'd be forced to more stringent birth control.

the only part of the human species I care about is me.
and I want immortality, not nasty children.

Theoretically we could become immortal. There is already an immortal Jellyfish
is

Turritopsis dohrnii, also known as the immortal jellyfish, is a species of small, biologically immortal jellyfish found worldwide in temperate to tropic waters. It is one of the few known cases of animals capable of reverting completely to a sexually immature, colonial stage after having reached sexual maturity as a solitary individual...
Wikipedia

Then there is the compound single celled slime mold which have survived billions of years, constantly renewing itself.
d9f6746e-68dc-421c-adf0-83cfe781213f.jpg

Slime molds are ancient: they arrived hundreds of millions, perhaps a billion years ago, and theoretically, they’re immortal. If the slime can’t find resources it goes into hibernation, turning into a scab or growing spores to await future conditions when it can regenerate. In other words, it’s one of the earthly creatures best suited to survive planetary extinction. Lynn Margulis, the evolutionary biologist, argued that “those great evolutionary survivors, the lowly slime molds, would inherit the earth.”2
https://rhizome.org/editorial/2016/aug/16/slime-intelligence/

I always find it fascinating, yet predictable, that some folks are never satisfied with the work scientists are doing, despite the fact those same folks barely, if at all, understand what science is all about.

they understand it doesn't get them the desired results most of the time.
although there are exceptions.

Some things just aren't possible to achieve and I believe immortality is one of them. There is always something that can kill you, therefore immortality isn't achievable.

We also can't travel to another galaxy or distant star system and we also can't travel back through time or even bring a relative back from the dead.

I also don't believe in God btw because I think he just doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Back