Boycott ZOG-Hollywood-Media Complexes.

weather report: cloudy but cool

being a collector sometimes you have to buy a record in all its versions. to get close to the original might be impossible because you have so many collectors & so few originals. First you have to get 'A' version of the song. like a tape. then you have to look for a decent record. It can take years but you're in no hurry just being on the lookout the record will fall on you when you least expect. I will give you a great example: steppenwolf - rock me / jupiter child... 1969 it came out funny enuf rock me was used in the movie "CANDY". Evidently nobody really knows the true story but the facts are ROCK ME/JUPITER CHILD pissed some hollywood bigshots off & all pressings of the 45 are bad. they skip on both sides. so the only decent version is the radio station promo wlp they call em. (white label promo)
well luckily I just got one yesterday! but it is cracked all the way thru. evidently the 45 hole was too small or too tight & somebody pressed down on it & broke it. (or maybe it was deliberately broken) anyway it works perfect. plays all the way thru - no skips. you just have to use clear tapes over the label on both sides to stabilize it. & maybe a little glue on the rim. I have two other rare records that are broken. wlps of GO DOWN GAMBLING by blood,sweat & tears & SHOWDOWN by electric light orchestra. Both politically significant songs...?
all I can say is its a cheap great hobby. :cool:

I was gonna say 'and it's a nice break from all these conspiracy theories', but then I remembered how this thread started :D

ELO (or some of them) came from my home town. Not many credible bands did. Not much of anything really, except motorways.

***By dickbaby***

I can see them now, drawing up the licence forms for your annual subscription for the right to play a minor chord...

So is that by the guitar or by the chord? Got 3 acoustics.

Now i have...vd...

I don't think music is going to help that...:D :D

Anyway, enough clowning around.

I used to love to put on a reel to reel and let it roll. Now that cd changers are out it is easier to just use the changer. But there is nothing like a good 25 watt per channel preamp to bring in the song.

Oh, reel to reels are just sex incorporated.

Hankered after 1 for years and eventually got hold of an old Revox A77 for 100 US that had been used by a local radio station. Then spent 4 times that servicing it.

Sounded like a dream, even though it was 25 years old. But I rarely used it after the first 6 months and it weighed like half a Volkswagon, so it had to go last year, sob.

They're gone forever now eh? Only collectors hanging on to them.

By Wet1, "So is that by the guitar or by the chord? Got 3 acoustics"

By the balls fella, by the balls

:D

Back