Born again?`

Okinorus:
The didache was discovered again in the 1200's I think.
Nope. The late 1800's by a Greek.

Knowledge only puffs up pride but love edifies (Paul)
Paul was the snottiest proudest hellion in the bible.

The Christian faith alone is the sacrifice, and that to me is the closest thing to "love" you can give to a nonvisible entitiy you know only through heresay. Personally, I think the mindless faith of a Christian is more loving than anything an atheist can show his uncertainties.

I should know.

Yeah my bad. The didache was copied in June 11, 1056 but this copy was lost and rediscovered in the 1800's. I think it bears accurate discription of early christianity. The referance to running water for baptism is not found in the bible however Justin mentions a baptism in living water and if not living water, regular water.

Paul was the snottiest proudest hellion in the bible.
In some respects his pharisical side comes through but I don't think he's snotty. At one point he does boast a little but this is only to prove himself. In another place he talks about an angel of Satan who has given him a thorn in the flesh and he also says that he of all christians does not deserve to be a christian.

The Christian faith alone is the sacrifice, and that to me is the closest thing to "love" you can give to a nonvisible entitiy you know only through heresay.
This is more about ones perspective on life. A christian will see the world as God's creation and deserving praise and love made in the goodness of God but the atheist will never see God in his creation. Christians are a little bit more laid back than muslims. We, for example, and we display pictures of Jesus and Mary but make note that they are only pictures and not god's themselves. Humans have also seen different things. A good book will leave somethings to the imagination of the reader and love that has not been fullfilled is sometimes stronger than fullfilled love.

Back