Boredom

Ok. James R is a mod so I want him on the string.

You have options. Check out your library, they have music books, with chords.
On line in your area, you have sites.
Post some guitar stuff?

Invent a new language. Write a manual on wheat farming. Paint the outside of your house. Make a video of yourself playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons and post it on You Tube. Take in laundry for pay. Plant a cactus garden. Learn the US constitution by heart, including all amendments. Watch every Santa Claus movie ever made. Learn to bake sourdough bread.

I play too much guitar, I need something new

If you don't have friends and no band, then you need to take up solo instrumental guitar so you can play rhythm, riffs, some improvisation, and the vocal melody part all at the same time on one acoustic guitar. Then set up a YouTube channel. Hurry, before AI completely replaces human musicians.

video link: Luca Stricanoli

Last edited:
Paint.

Or document.
I have always been fascinated by people stuck in very isolated places who find a critter (bird, mushroom, slug) in their locale and study it. So much science is done by individual amateurs.

If you have a camera, take up photography. Especially macro photography. The dullest place on Earth is rich in tiny subjects for the photographer with sufficient imagination and determination. And it will take you places you've would never otherwise go.

No camera? Sketch. Grab a notebook and a pencil.

Back