Book for all you atheists

Akottens

Registered Member
" I dont have enough faith to be an atheist, by Frank Turek and Norman Geisler"

Exposes all the Bs you talk about

Great for Christians also as it can bolster your information on debating atheists.

I have a few better books for Athiests.

"losing faith in faith" - Dan Barker
"Atheism the case against God" - George Smith
"Why am I not a Christian" - Bertrand Russel
"Age of reason" - Thomas Paine.

By memorizing material from these 4 books, you are guaranteed to leave Theists with no answers.

Joeman said:
I have a few better books for Athiests.

"losing faith in faith" - Dan Barker
"Atheism the case against God" - George Smith
"Why am I not a Christian" - Bertrand Russel
"Age of reason" - Thomas Paine.

By memorizing material from these 4 books, you are guaranteed to leave Theists with no answers.

You wish. lol

Lori - for sure - try reading them. Theism has no case.

Akottens,

I dont have enough faith to be an atheist, by Frank Turek and Norman Geisler"

Exposes all the Bs you talk about

Great for Christians also as it can bolster your information on debating atheists.
LOL.

This is wonderful apologetic rationalization. I.e. intellectual dishonesty, and pure Christian propaganda. Debate any of the issues from the book in front of an informed atheist and all these arguments fall to pieces.

Cris said:
Lori - for sure - try reading them. Theism has no case.

You don't get it hon...I know God. It would be like me reading a book that presents a case for the nonexistence of my dad.

Lori,

You don't get it hon...I know God.
No, you only think you know. Without independent verification you cannot show whether it is just your imagination or not. And since no one else can show that gods are around then the imagination scenario is overwhelmingly more credible.

The beauty of fallacies is that arguments can slip by unnoticed because they appear to be iron-clad. Is it at these times that we must question the logic the most? There are books upon books, scholars upon scholars, who can argue for and against God. What does that prove? Is someone right, or is truth actually just a myth and that nothing is really knowable? Atheists and Christians want to see God as "black and white", but the problem is we cannot know God well enough to see "black and white." Perhaps if we knew all there was to know about God and the nature of the universe, we would be gods ourselves. Does that mean that if God doesn't exist that we are gods? Finding truth only brings more questions, so how can we ever know the absolute truth?

So is it that we have faith that our own truth is the truth? So, who do we have faith in? If I tell you that pigs can fly and provide you with enough evidence to rationally convince you that they can, but you never saw a pig fly. Can pigs fly? Scholars have provided you with all the information you need to make a rational decision that there is no God. Is there a God? If we are rational, we say no. Sure, there is little to no chance of God's existence, scholars say. Enough to make a rational decision that there cannot be a God. But, that decision is based on circumstantial evidence because no scientist is able to observe the process of the creation of life.

Cris said:
Lori,

No, you only think you know. Without independent verification you cannot show whether it is just your imagination or not. And since no one else can show that gods are around then the imagination scenario is overwhelmingly more credible.

I don't have to show anything....it's not to show...it's to know.

Lori thanks for being on my side, and its not Propaganda One of the Clear Motivations For atheism is No moral accountability, there are morals we DO have them, how would you like it if someone stole money from you? or lied, cheated, stole, killed love ones, if we are slime why not torture babies, since you assert atheism is right, I think I will kill you

Lori_7 said:
You don't get it hon...I know God.
Really? Then what does he look like? What's his voice type? Phone number? Cell phone number? Email?
If you know these not, then know not do ye god. :p

jayleew said:
The beauty of fallacies is that arguments can slip by unnoticed because they appear to be iron-clad. Is it at these times that we must question the logic the most?
You can question logic, the foundation of men's reason all you want. It has been done in the past. However, without logic we cannot prove anything to be true or false. There is no higher measurement of truth than reason. If you want to disprove the premise stated in the previous statement, that will require logic.

There are books upon books, scholars upon scholars, who can argue for and against God. What does that prove? Is someone right, or is truth actually just a myth and that nothing is really knowable?
Truth is not a myth. Truth is reality. Reality is not contradictory, and therefore truth is not contradictory. Basically truth has two characteristics. It equals reality and it is not contradictory. If we as humans have to believe in things that are contradictory, then there is absolutely no way for us to distinguish truth from falsity. If a person believes in contradition, then from my experience, this person would believe in a lot of weird stuff.

Atheists and Christians want to see God as "black and white", but the problem is we cannot know God well enough to see "black and white." Perhaps if we knew all there was to know about God and the nature of the universe, we would be gods ourselves. Does that mean that if God doesn't exist that we are gods? Finding truth only brings more questions, so how can we ever know the absolute truth?
God's existence is black and white. God cannot exist half way. I don't need omniscience to know that God cannot exist as defined by Christians, because Christian definition of God is extremely contradictory.

So is it that we have faith that our own truth is the truth? So, who do we have faith in? If I tell you that pigs can fly and provide you with enough evidence to rationally convince you that they can, but you never saw a pig fly. Can pigs fly? Scholars have provided you with all the information you need to make a rational decision that there is no God. Is there a God? If we are rational, we say no. Sure, there is little to no chance of God's existence, scholars say. Enough to make a rational decision that there cannot be a God. But, that decision is based on circumstantial evidence because no scientist is able to observe the process of the creation of life.

Faith is inevitable as a person cannot live a live without taking many things as self evident truth without prove, but faith should play absolutely no part in the search of truth. faith is bogus. It's the bankrupcy of intellect, as Dan Barker would put it.

Akottens said:
Lori thanks for being on my side, and its not Propaganda One of the Clear Motivations For atheism is No moral accountability, there are morals we DO have them, how would you like it if someone stole money from you? or lied, cheated, stole, killed love ones, if we are slime why not torture babies, since you assert atheism is right, I think I will kill you

Uh...on your side? *gulp* Thanks, but I think you've spoken too soon. Not real fond of "sides", yo.

Hapsburg said:
Really? Then what does he look like? What's his voice type? Phone number? Cell phone number? Email?
If you know these not, then know not do ye god. :p

You're joking right?

Akottens said:

Do I suppose to stick with Joe Hovah's moral about things like it's okay to own slaves, to oppress women and to kill non believers? No thanks. If atheism is right, and you kill somebody, you go to jail. On the other hand, under Joe Hovah's law I can kill someone and get away with it, as long as I claim the person is a heretic and find two other witnesses to support my claim. I can rape a virgin woman and get away with it, as long as it is done in the countryside instead of the city, or pay the father 50 sheckels. I can find myself a good looking woman for wife or multiply wives if I just look around among the prisoners of wars. Joe Hovah's moral is the most ridiculously obscene system men have ever produced.

Akottens,

.. its not Propaganda One of the Clear Motivations For atheism is No moral accountability,…..
Ahh you have no idea about atheism, or morality.

Very urgently and strongly recommend you read “Atheism The Case Against God” by George H Smith before you make too many more fundamental errors.

Akottens:

...One of the Clear Motivations For atheism is No moral accountability, there are morals we DO have them, how would you like it if someone stole money from you? or lied, cheated, stole, killed love ones, if we are slime why not torture babies, since you assert atheism is right, I think I will kill you

Shit. The next person that claims atheists have no morals or like being atheist because we want to shuck all moral accountability gets a crosier shoved up their ass - figuratively speaking.

"Morals" are inherent in the evolution of social group-living animals. The end. Look it up. I've repeated that here a dozen times. I'm tired of it.

Cris said:
Lori,

Then don't expect anyone to believe you.

Believe what you want. You have no reason not to believe me. You know, my story, about this miracle that's happened to me will be corroborated...by a platinum selling rock and roll band. And when that happens....you will still believe whatever you want to believe. It doesn't really have to do with evidence so much as it's everywhere. It has to do with proof. And that's why it's from God Himself, and that's why it's personal. It has to do with perception. It has to do with what you want.

Lori,

Believe what you want.
I’d prefer to believe what can be prooved regardless of what I want.

You have no reason not to believe me.
Yes I do since there is no precedent for gods but there is copious evidence for self delusions. Your claim lacks credibility and is not believable.

You know, my story, about this miracle that's happened to me will be corroborated...by a platinum selling rock and roll band. And when that happens....you will still believe whatever you want to believe.
I’m open to verifiable proofs; you have no reason to conclude otherwise.

It doesn't really have to do with evidence so much as it's everywhere.
Sorry – lost you there – what is everywhere?

It has to do with proof.
Depends how you are defining proof – I usually mean the scientific kind.

And that's why it's from God Himself, and that's why it's personal.
And that perception is indistinguishable to self-delusion, which is far more believable.

It has to do with perception. It has to do with what you want.
When you mistake something you imagine as real rather than what it truly real, it is known as self-delusion.

Back