Blue Ghost

It's a bug crawling on the camera lens. Video cameras only have one point of focus and things that are up close only show as a blur with a bit of translucency on the edges.

no, I'm not believing it was a bug on the lens. I've seen pics like that before and it looked NOTHING like this.
If you can find comparable film, I would love to see it.

no, I'm not believing it was a bug on the lens. I've seen pics like that before and it looked NOTHING like this.
If you can find comparable film, I would love to see it.

I would hate for you to have to believe in general. The reason pictures / videos of blurry up-close things are not found is... well... they are bad pictures / videos and nobody would want to post them.

However, here is how you can reproduce the behavior. Take one video camera, focus it to 20+ feet out, and place an insect on the lens (an ant for example).

If you don't have a video camera, go to a WalMart and bring a small piece of colored paper. Put the paper on the lens of one of their video camera demo models and take a look.

Blue Bottle Flies (for example) aren't restricted to a particular season (feel free too look up their life-cycle to confirm). Here is a generic picture of one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melodysk/537361806/

If you would like a picture of one in Ohio during the winter season explicitly, I would be happy to explain a way to travel to Ohio and take a picture.

It was definitely a bug crawling on the camera lens..
It's too obvious.. lol :roflmao:

Sorry Orleander, I apologize. But it is obvious, you can see it walking across the lens. You can even see the legs moving as it walks.

Sorry Orleander, I apologize. But it is obvious, you can see it walking across the lens. You can even see the legs moving as it walks.

But what is it?!
If its a bug, what bug?? I want to know what blue bug hangs around Ohio in November.

Back