Bloody Americans....

Agent@5

Registered Senior Member
I met two americans today from Uni. They are on exchange, and tehy were telling me how they view Australia, how 'back home' views Australia if at all!!!

They were basically expecting a bunch of hicks... They were worned about going out to pubs and clubs for fear of getting sleased on by sheep wranglers.. (thanks croc dundee!!)... one of their friends even said "where the hell is Australia!!"
What they are taught in school has no space for the world outside them, which massively reflects on their attitude as a whole.. Australia is no better, but i think we should all take time to learn about our world...

hehehe btw im sure many other countires are the same, its just that americans were who i was speaking too....

I love you all!

:confused:
I've never heard such things about australia, in fact when I was younger it was like the only place I ever dreamed about visiting (those kangaroos are so bouncalicious!:) )

I think my misconceptions on what Australia is like is more like a 'wild on' episode...you know like the one where they went to Australia!

Originally posted by lotuseatsvipers
:confused:
I've never heard such things about australia, in fact when I was younger it was like the only place I ever dreamed about visiting (those kangaroos are so bouncalicious!:) )

I think my misconceptions on what Australia is like is more like a 'wild on' episode...you know like the one where they went to Australia!

But see, I would see kangaroos about as frequently as you would, if not less, because im am not bombareded with tourist information as much as you might be....

I think to blame is the media, for putting out such drastic misconceptions, as well as the people, for not taking time to inform themselves.

YEA

sydny may be all bush but i had to go out of Vic before i ever saw a kangaroo in the wild

some rock walabies but no kangroos

Simmer down!

and my ideas of kangaroos bouncing around everywhere is ONLY because of nature shows, don't go blaming some wacky media!

...bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....

Re: Simmer down!

Originally posted by lotuseatsvipers
and my ideas of kangaroos bouncing around everywhere is ONLY because of nature shows, don't go blaming some wacky media!

...bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....

please dont tell me your defending our media!!!!!

( i really should not be so pessamistic about the industry I am studying to make a career in..... :( )

oh god

your going to be the next (um, who was that guy who got in trouble for taking kick backs on his radio program?)

B\W Cara do you EVER read you mail?

I have peconceptions of Australia, but it's just mainly the accent, barbeques and... sunhats. :confused:

I blame H&A.

I think Australia is an island full of convicts or their offsprings

I could love America except for the people in it. ( I want to use a face with no expression) not given that choice however.

What they are taught in school has no space for the world outside them, which massively reflects on their attitude as a whole..

Oh stop it! I knew where and wanted to visit Australia since the 3rd grade. Where do get your facts?? Or info?? Ya, lets base an attitude on 3 peoples stupid remarks:rolleyes:

See, black people and Jews are kind of proteceted by politicly correct general opinion.

But Americans are becoming the new pisspoles.

You sad losers.

Back