Blindsight and the Million Dollar Challenge

Not at the thread, I meant in general. If threads digress too much or go on too long I am sure it can be raised in a reasonable fashion. At some point.
The thread I linked to in my post #77, must have been judged by a mod to be supposedly reasonable discussion up to the point of locking 66 pages later.

You made a comment comparing W4U to a professor with an algorithm/AI for purposely producing frustration to others.

I take it now on this site, we are suppose to show self control when reaching such an opinion about another member. And think twice about engaging with that member once you have given your reply to the OP. In other words, threads like the one I linked to, are the 'product' of people with no self control and it's your own fault???
The mantra being… No one is force to be here, so no need for negative personal remarks of others here. I’m not having a pop at you, because I have myself suggested W4U is a chatbot long ago.:)

I take it now on this site, we are suppose to show self control when reaching such an opinion about another member
I think it is a good idea on the whole, it depends on how the mods want to run the site going forward.
And think twice about engaging with that member once you have given your reply to the OP. In other words, threads like the one I linked to, are the 'product' of people with no self control and it's your own fault???
I have only had issues with Write4u on that. If a perfectly interesting thread is being hi-jacked with the same themes over and over I will tell him to stop then report him.
No one is force to be here, so no need for negative personal remarks of others here
If someone is refusing to listen, posting random stuff I think it's ok to point it out.
The thread, "How to improve the site" asked some of these questions.
Idiots, nasty people and trolls are easily dealt with. Warning, ban.
Digressions, irrelevancy, repetition are not as in your face and are seemingly more innocuous but just as destructive because they make the thread uninteresting.
You can spend lots of posts fighting that then getting into the thread.

I know how good the people are on here by the Israel Palestine thread. That is a hot topic and people get angry and passionate yet the discussion has been very measured in my view. REALLY hard to do on more open media like FB.

Hallelujah. Do you think Write4U could be a professor of psychology at MIT conducting a live experiment? He has found this perfect algorithm/AI that posts in social media causing the most amount of frustration to responders? Intended to induce the most heinous, self-referential, homeostatic, microtubule meltdown possible?
I do not think we should rule it out.
Professor W4U would like to thank jamesR for the continued use of threads, in which members reactions to the frustration bot are monitored.
Professor W4U would also like to thank the voluntary participation of members.
150 pages and only now there’s talk of locking the thread by W4U:
https://www.sciforums.com/threads/i...-in-microtubules.161187/page-150#post-3724037
This must be the new 2024 jamesR coming out.
You're not discussing it with anybody.

At best, you're cutting and pasting random peer-reviewed articles which might be interesting to actual biologists but not so much to most other people, who lack the relevant expertise to understand the content.

You left behind the topic of consciousness as it might or might not relate to microtubules ages ago.

And you're still interpersing these random articles you search for - basically anything that mentions the word "microtubule" somewhere in the abstract - with other random bits of nonsense about your other two pet obsessions.

Not to mention all the stuff that's not remotely relevant, even to the broad topic of microtubules.

I think you nearly are. This is such a low quality thread. It's just filling up space. Why don't you post this stuff on a blog somewhere, if you must exercise your cut-and-paste muscles?

Clearly, you don't care whether any discussion happens.

Last edited:
Professor W4U would like to thank jamesR for the continued use of threads, in which members reactions to the frustration bot are monitored.
Professor W4U would also like to thank the voluntary participation of members.
150 pages and only now there’s talk of locking the thread by W4U:
https://www.sciforums.com/threads/i...-in-microtubules.161187/page-150#post-3724037
This must be the new 2024 jamesR coming out.

It makes no difference if I participate or not. Every thread on this forum ends up in ad hominem instead of interesting science.

Back