black people, white people, asian people.???????????????

why are we so accurate when trying to describe many many other things, but when it comes down to the colour of somebodys skin we dont care and just slap on any label and be done with it?.

i have seen people argue over shades of colour tons of times in the past,

"no its not blue its a slightly off tone of purple"

"no its not baby blue its a very light torqoise/green colour"

"no you cant call that purple its a light lylac colour"

but when it comes down to the colour of a person we dont care about bieng accurate we just slap on any old label so its not "complicated" millions of things humans do, say and describe are complicated very complicated actualy, but when it comes down to describing a humans skin tone, god forbid, we cannot be complicated with that can we.

its not hard to call somebody brown, no harder than it is to call somebody black, but atleast brown is accurate rather than black wich is not.

we might aswell call a pentagon a hexagon if we are going to call brown black.

peace.

because there are races that got white skin totally.

I have lived in Alert(farthest north "whiteman" settlement in North America). I have seen, talked to and worked with "eskimos"(Inuit). Compared to a blank white sheet of 20lb bond paper, they are darker. They are(and were) lighter skinned for sure, than me, a "caucasian" male with 3/4 scandanavian and 1/4 background. I bet many dark africans would look pretty pale, after living 500miles from the north pole, after even a few years. It probably would not take many generations for pigment change either.

The only "white" people are albinos and that still does not mean they should be hated, anymore than someone with hypertrichosis, anymore than anyone.

I have lived in Alert(farthest north "whiteman" settlement in North America). I have seen, talked to and worked with "eskimos"(Inuit). Compared to a blank white sheet of 20lb bond paper, they are darker. They are(and were) lighter skinned for sure, than me, a "caucasian" male with 3/4 scandanavian and 1/4 background. I bet many dark africans would look pretty pale, after living 500miles from the north pole, after even a few years. It probably would not take many generations for pigment change either.

The only "white" people are albinos and that still does not mean they should be hated, anymore than someone with hypertrichosis, anymore than anyone.

oh. I just meant to say that it is easy to refer to something that is obvious characteristic. Humans define by things by that which is obvious. I for one thing, try not to refer to people as white or black, but sometimes when I dont know the name than I refer to them as white or black.

I suppose there is is no breaking the custom, a rather lazy one in my opinon, of incorrectly "labeling" people. I have found it best to use the words of the other to describe them. For instance we english speakers call Italia - Italy. I sometimes wonder if that secretly pisses off Italians.

Anyways my stance on this has always been - don't do stupid, just because it's custom.

the only reason i refer to peple as white or black is because thats what other people understand, i would be very happy to go along with a change and start calling people by there real skin colour,

i do it soley because its understood by people. but if you look close enough it is very innacurate at actualy telling people where you think they are from,

if you say black person, how do you know if they are from the caribbean islands ,south america, australia/ new zealand, africa, or a few other locations around the globe,

the same goes if you say white person,

i dont think its racist not intentional in anyway, but i do think its incorrect,

i would like to ask a simple question to clear this up, why do we do this in human terms only? why dont we do this when refering to an animals skin/fur colour then? would you call a brown dog black? or a brindle dog anything other than brindle? just to be "easyer" or would you call a pink bird red? or a yellow duckling brown? would you call a golden sandy lion white?

why do it with humans but not with animals? i think people are bieng a little nieve here, we all know what colour is what so why portray something as something wich it clearly is not?,

peace.

Pure Africans are damned close to black.
Depends which area. Near the equator, more so. In the far north and far south (where the original Africans - and all humans - come from) not so much.

we call asian people by the continent they are from right? but we call everyone else by the colour of there skin why is that.?
Not true. Some people call blacks 'Africans' and whites 'Europeans'. Which is silly. Europeans are people who live in Europe, regardless of skin colour. Africans are people who live in Africa. Asians live in Asia.

no it wasnt true your right,

but many people do. not "all" though. you dont find people calling asian people by there skin colour, but many people call black and white people black and white, but oriental and asian are the common term for people from the east. but most people call africans black and europeans white,

why dont the people who call people black and white call asians by there skin colour also? because the majotiy do not.

peace.

Why not just ask them how they ID themselves if it's so important to call them something other than their name?

If a cop holds you down to a "race" in a "description" you could go - african ancestry - european background, whatever and fuck him if he don't like it.

yeah i agree with you totally.

cops still id people on their radios as either black or white, with code names for each ie, IC1 male etc.

i dont think calling somebody a skin colour is necesary but if your gonna do it atleast call them the right colour!.

peace.

Well it has somthing to do with the pigmentation of each races skin.

Black people are called black people because they have the most Melanin in there skin( Melanin is the dark pigmentation of the skin that help black people to survive in the hot environment in africa) Melanin helps turn sun light ( a primary source of vitamin D) in to vitamin D.

White people are called white peolpe because they cannot create Melanin( there Pineal glands are calcifed which means they cannot produce a Gene they do not have) White people came from African who could not produce this gene ( albinos). these people had blue eyes blond hair, and light skin, Because of this they had to move somewhere out of Africa.

White people came from African who could not produce this gene ( albinos). these people had blue eyes blond hair, and light skin, Because of this they had to move somewhere out of Africa.

I don't think so. It must be the other way around.

I don't think so. It must be the other way around.

Dude white people Only been around for 20,000 years. and Black people been here for 150,000 years.

You can't say that white people produced black people? thats Logically Stupid.

Genetics prove that the oldest humans are black people in east Africa.

Can you explain why you said that?

Dude white people Only been around for 20,000 years. and Black people been here for 150,000 years.

Interesting assumption, but can you prove it? Can you prove that those fossils found in Africa 20,000 years ago had black skin or white skin?

I don't think genetics can prove the color of their skin from fossil finds.

Baron Max

You can't say that white people produced black people? thats Logically Stupid.

Can you explain why you said that?

I wouldn't say that white people produced black people. I was just saying that white people did not become white while they were in africa and because of this they had to move somewhere, but white people become white after they moved to the north and live in cold conditions.

Back