Bill Gates Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what big changes occured in the LAST 10 years? Things got smaller and cheaper, otherwise nothing big. Just like it was mentioned, between Windows 2000 and Vista, nothing terrible different...
OK, so we have a phone/camera/mp3player in one, that is just making things smaller, again, nothing new. We still use the same instant messengers and emails like we did before.

There are computers in cars that receive signals from space so you can find the closest Windy's on your drive from one suburb to another.

They're building a super computer that can analyze every single interaction between the atoms of amino acids.

My friend can run multilevel regressions with 100s of variables on his laptop.

The graphics for RTSs are now better and more detailed than the graphics in games like Half Life.

Instead of him making huge vague predictions about the future of technology, maybe he should have his people build a stable, reliable operating system instead. *cough cough...Millenium Edition...Vista...cough cough*

Why bother?
When you've got a monopoly as big as Microsoft, you can pretty much package shit in a box, and everyone will have to buy it.

I wonder when they finally bring up a computer that when you put it on, it go's on in stead of having to wait 2-3 minutes

Very soon. They will be doing without harddrives, so all you have to do is hibernate...and it will be fast.

I got a 6 year old iMac that boots up in about 40 seconds.

...and still, there is no cure against the common cold.

There is, it's just that the common cold isn't actually that common. Bit of a misnomer, really.

There are computers in cars

It is just different application using computer power. What is so incredibly new about it?? What I said before, computers are smaller and more powerful, but incredibly new usage?? No...

Not to mention there were computers in cars 10 years ago too....

Now let's say nano robots going into the bloodstream and cleaning it up and fixig arteries, that would be something.....

I have a renault megane, and it has a computer.
There is no key anymore in this car but an electronic card and for starting it you must press on the "Start" button.

I guess that it has a MS windows OS, because, when you want to turn it off, you must press the "Start" button. again:)

It is just different application using computer power. What is so incredibly new about it?? What I said before, computers are smaller and more powerful, but incredibly new usage?? No...

Now let's say nano robots going into the bloodstream and cleaning it up and fixig arteries, that would be something.....

So I show you a car and you say "yeah, so we had horse drawn buggies 10 years ago. Cars are just faster and stronger, but they still take you places. What's the big deal?"

So I show you a car and you say "yeah, so we had horse drawn buggies 10 years ago.

There is a fundamental difference between the ways how a horsedrawn carrige and a combustion engine works, but I am not going to explain it to you. :)

People brought up Youtube earlier. It is just speed and serverresources, nothing special compared to 10 years ago....

But I am still curious what Bill was talking about. Let's say a flying car or memory up/download from/into humans, well, THAT would be different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back