Biblical Contradictions: Question #2

Let's see, first come the animals, then God decides to make mankind, who is the first one made "in his image". So there could not have been other humanoids before that.

He created mankind, yes.
Where does it say that there was a ''first one''?

jan.

Jan -

What are you implying? That God left out the part where the first humans ever were created? And only felt the need to include the subsequent creation of Humans, Adam and Eve, in the Creation Story??

Where does it say they were the first humans, ever?

jan.

I'll grant you that Genesis 1 could be read as God creating mankind, multiples. But then Genesis 2 turns around and is most specific on God creating "a" man.

Plus, lots of men didn't get kicked out of Eden, just Adam and Eve.

I'll even grant you that maybe pre-Adams were grouped into the animals, and Adam was "different", maybe in intelligence or the whole having a soul thing.

But then you have to answer at what point did we get what we consider intelligent animals, and whether dogs do go to heaven with their souls, or is that just a lie, and Rover only seems to have a personality.

That could not be true, because their outer image was the same as modern humans. Also if you treat the whole thing as so completely vague it could mean anything, then it means nothing.

Don't think it can keep going. Any serious discussion of Genesis gets bogged down in contradictions and impossibilities, and a metaphorical reading of it as Spidergoat says means you can read anything into it, so it's useless.

I was just seeing how far Jan was willing to stretch believability.

I know. I was starting to witness cotton being turned into metal before my eyes.

"It's cotton"

"Well, if you take a look at this, you can see how it could be a metal"

"Nope, still cotton."

"But it shares some elements that are in some metals"

"But it's not a metal"

"But it COULD be"

LOL

I'll even grant you that maybe pre-Adams were grouped into the animals, and Adam was "different", maybe in intelligence or the whole having a soul thing.

But then you have to answer at what point did we get what we consider intelligent animals, and whether dogs do go to heaven with their souls, or is that just a lie, and Rover only seems to have a personality.

God created the pre-adamites before He created Adam and Eve. Aside from the fact that it makes sense, it actually says that in Bible. Why would you think anything else?

Anything that displays some level of consciousness and some measure of free-will, has a soul.

Aside from the physical bodies, there are no differences between dogs, cats, and humans.

jan.

Anything that displays some level of consciousness and some measure of free-will, has a soul.

Where is the line drawn? How can you tell something has a soul?

Aside from the physical bodies, there are no differences between dogs, cats, and humans.

jan.

I think cats would be insulted.

Do animals have to believe to be saved?

Don't think it can keep going. Any serious discussion of Genesis gets bogged down in contradictions and impossibilities, and a metaphorical reading of it as Spidergoat says means you can read anything into it, so it's useless.

I was just seeing how far Jan was willing to stretch believability.

The problem is, spidergoat is basing his conclusion on the Christian Institution, not on what the Bible says.

The OT contradicts the basic Christian ideology, like the idea that A+E were the first ever humans. But this is numerously contradicted in genesis. For example, who was the every one Cain mean when he complained to Yahweh:

Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me

Also:

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch

Why build a city for three people?

It makes more sense that there were already existing civilisations, but more importantly, that is what is written.

jan.

Where in the bible does it mention that?

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

jan.

Back