Bible Tampering

razz

Registered Senior Member
This is a discussion based upon a few sciptures im having trouble understanding...If you can shed light upon these scriptures then please do, but i beg of you...no preaching. i dont want to hear it.

Deuteronomy 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

Deuteronomy 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

Deuteronomy 31:27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death?

Deuteronomy 31:28 Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them.

Deuteronomy 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.
Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
Does this mean the bible was falsified? full of lies?
Does this mean moses predicted this falsification/tampering?
The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted. The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

I also found these scriptures they are the same as above but from the JRV and the NIV Bible.

Jeremiah 8:8
"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"
Jeremiah 8:8
The Revised Standard Version makes even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

.....................................................................................................

Your opinions are welcomed on these scriptures, but please I only want information directly in conjunction with these scriptures
I dont want to be bible bashed, I just want answers.

Was the Bible falsified?
Did the bibles own authours really admit this fact years after Moses predicted it would happen.
If so just how much of the bible is falsified and not the word of god after all?
Notice the difference between the different versions?
Why could this not have happened thousands of times as the bible was rewritten , inturn leaving us with a modern day bible that is also removed from what God really said.

The existance of God is a complete different issue from the Bible.
God could have existed , while man wrote the Bible or even rewrote the bible to suit himself.

I find many passages hard to believe but i will cover these issues with another thread at a later date.

Preview:

was Adam Really 930 years old when he died?
Genesis 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
What about his son Seth?
Genesis 5:8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
What about seths son Enos?
Genesis 5:11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
and what about Enos's son Cainan?
Genesis 5:14 And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

erm....this goes on for a few generations yet but ill cut it short.....
Id love to know what vitimans or breakfast cerial that lot ate.

cheers
RazZ:p

No, it's just Brain Tampering

*Originally posted by razz
If you can shed light upon these scriptures then please do, but i beg of you...no preaching. i dont want to hear it

Jesus Christ died to save you.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(John 3:16, KJV).

"Whosoever" is you.

*Deuteronomy 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.
Jeremiah 8:8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
Does this mean the bible was falsified? full of lies?

No, but the Bible does have lies in it.

*Does this mean moses predicted this falsification/tampering?*

No, it means that Moses predicted that peoples' brains would get addled.
"ye will utterly corrupt yourselves" is the indicator that they would corrupt THEMSELVES, starting with the brain.

*The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted. The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.*

Moses predicted that people would turn stupid.
Jeremiah said, "How do ye say," indicating that those people would say predictably stupid things.

*Was the Bible falsified?*

No.
The only falsification was in the ability to read what was written.

*Did the bibles own authours really admit this fact years after Moses predicted it would happen.*

If it was falsified then the admission that it was falsified would itself be false.
Since it is false, the only conclusion available is that you can't read what was written.

*If so just how much of the bible is falsified and not the word of god after all?*

Aero, and there are many things in the Bible which aren't the word of God, e.g. the word of satan, the word of some onlooker, the word of some other guy, the word of a lying spirit, the word of a third guy, etc.

*Notice the difference between the different versions?
Why could this not have happened thousands of times as the bible was rewritten , inturn leaving us with a modern day bible that is also removed from what God really said.

So, where are these thousands of different versions?
After all, if that's what happened, we should have the King James version, which we have, and the King Fred Version, and the King Ralph Version, and the King Joe Version, and the King Rodney Version, and the King Bob Version, etc.

So, where are they all?

*I find many passages hard to believe but i will cover these issues with another thread at a later date.*

The truth IS hard to believe when you've been indoctrinated with lies.

For all you "double meaning" fans out there, yeah I see it, which is why I wrote it.

Thanks Tony

How did i know you would write the first post;)

I see that we agree, scribes lied, people fibbed, things got addled up.
Since not you, nor me, were present at the time of these such writings, id say...we just have to hope what is written is truely Gods word.

And since we can't prove what is...and what isnt a lie, then who says God really said.."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Have a lovely day :D
cheers
RazZ

Razz,

This doesn't mean that the bible itself is false, it means that there will be people who try to change it. Take for example the book of mormon..... proof that people will add more to it, even tho it says in Revelation not to. Oh well, some people are weird like that.....but that's beside the point

As for the old ages.....perhaps they had a different calendar with shorter years?
Just a thought
-JS

The Bible on a number of occassions gives specific examples of what people will lie about and then oddly enough they did, do and still will many years from now speak the same lies the Bible warns about. And people will believe them because "it's in the Bible."

"Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain."

The Bible warns of this lie, and lo and behold it's the first lie out of the mouths of false prophets. "Hey, look the scribes screwed up! I have what was really written." Even now it's the main topic of discussion in many threads.

A year in the OT was 360 days I believe.

Ben

*Originally posted by KalvinB
"Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain."

The Bible warns of this lie, and lo and behold it's the first lie out of the mouths of false prophets. "Hey, look the scribes screwed up! I have what was really written." Even now it's the main topic of discussion in many threads.

Brilliant.
Keep it up.

I missed that one, even as obvious as it is.

No, but the Bible does have lies in it.

For once we are in agreement. Although I would probably put that number a little higher than you. Also what do you mean it doesn't lie. That seems to be no different than containing lies.

This isn't that hard of a concept.

What is the difference between reporting lies and telling lies?

If you don't know the answer to that question, you shouldn't be here. This is the easy stuff.

Ben

*Originally posted by Teg
Also what do you mean it doesn't lie. That seems to be no different than containing lies.

Your head contains thoughts, but you don't think.
You may not be able to get that.

tony1 said:
This from a guy who can't even prove what his own name is?

I take it that you are a baptist, afterall, your avatar says...Jesus is Lord.

I have a joke for you.

Question: Do you know why you should always invite more than one baptist to your house to watch a football game???

Answer: If you invite only one, he'll drink all your beer. If you invite a couple or more, they won't drink a drop.

Welll, this is a blast from the past, isn't it? This thread was started back in February 2002.

The NIV Bible changes with every new publication. Such is the dynamic word of our Lord.
Ahh biblical evolution at work.

And the Lord said “Oh shit I found another error, I’d better inspire another translation”.

And the Lord said “Wish I’d never started this damn project, after 2000 years I still can’t get it right.”

Kat

To whom do you refer? I am quite correct in stating that the NIV does change with every publication, and indeed since he has changed it by more than the required percentage from the accepted King James Translation, I believe the publisher Rupert Murdoch owns the copyright to that version. Furthermore, there are many verses wholly missing from the NIV, as well as those with directly opposing translations from the KJV.

Siddhartha writes:
"To whom do you refer? I am quite correct in stating that the NIV does change with every publication, and indeed since he has changed it by more than the required percentage from the accepted King James Translation, I believe the publisher Rupert Murdoch owns the copyright to that version. Furthermore, there are many verses wholly missing from the NIV, as well as those with directly opposing translations from the KJV."

No, I was not referring to you, but it surely seems that you are referring to me.

Thank you for responding. I will have to check out that translation. My point was, surely anyone with a smidging of intelligence knows that man cannot altar the word of God. If not, or if they do not believe there is such a thing, why comment at all. The tremendous amount of disrespect shown toward anyone or anything to do with God, is moronic. We can do better than that; but no, it was not you to whom I referred.

I had more to say, but I lost my message, and not being too sure about how it would be taken, I will pass this time, but it was good. (!) Take care. PMT

Man can indeed alter the word of God in so much as he can alter the Bible which is the accepted word of God.

I am sorry that you believe such a thing. We will always have the Word of God, with or without the Bible. John wrote: "In the beginning was the Word...." Just because King James' boys chose a few books for us to read, does not make it the Word of God. That was not to be an earthly king's decision. Therefore, I have to disagree with you, because it matters not what man decides to accept. God's Word is.

Best regards, PMT

Back