Bible law exceeds God’s “Eye for an Eye” law.

Bible law exceeds God’s “Eye for an Eye” law.

From this fact, it follows that human institutions have placed themselves higher than God, in terms of what laws they will follow. This includes religious hierarchies. They all break the first commandment. All believers also break the first commandment if following secular law over God‘s.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

Indeed.

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

God is great.

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

Yes.

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

Okay.

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

That man can be a Jew, but he speaks from a modern age perspective. You cannot compare his beliefs for the beliefs or actions of the Jewish people 2000 or 2500 years ago. The Kabbalah for example, is an interpretation of the Jewish scriptures from 11th-13th century. Even this brings a new understanding or a new light to the study of the OT.
Understanding evolves through generations.
Although you are talking about 2000 years ago, and in the times of Jesus there where 3 main kinds of Jews: the Zealots (revolted against the Roman Empire in arms), the Essenes (communes devoted to god: John the Baptist, Jesus), and the Pharisees (orthodox Jews: priests, synagogue goers).
Nowadays there are a lot of kinds of Jewish people, we cannot generalize now. But in those days, the Essenes were an interesting group of Jews worth studying. Jesus specifically referred to the Pharisees as hypocrites and evil doers in his discourses (not the Jewish community in general), and these were the people who created the revolt to kill him.

You shame your name my friend if you go about believing in a literal historic Jesus.
To believe such, you have to believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

That is not a wise belief. It is a rather stupid one.

You might have missed other writings that make Jesus, what, the 7th man born of a virgin.
Your God is quite prolific with his invisible flying sperm that targets only virgins.

Regards
DL

Who is me. An absentee God who cannot grow his laws as man grows.

What is his view of cloning or stem cell research?
How about in vitro fertilization?
How can you know since God is unfathomable. All you can do is guess.

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

Indeed.

Yet many idol worship a book. or words that would also be in heaven.

God is great.

Is that Saturday or Sunday? The debates has never ended.

Yes.

Sure. Tell that to a girl who gets raped by her father while the mother turn's a blind eye.

God's genocide in Noah's day shows how he follow that one.

Yet God used another man's woman to reproduce.

Okay.

Yet God, in a sense steals the free will of those he kills who have a free will to live.

Yet God makes people believe lies and they bear false witness. He is thus culpable for lying.

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

Yet God himself covets our love, honor and respect and sends us to hell forever if he does not get what he covets.

He also coveted Mary. Another man's woman.

Regards
DL

You shame your name my friend if you go about believing in a literal historic Jesus.
To believe such, you have to believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

That is not a wise belief. It is a rather stupid one.

You might have missed other writings that make Jesus, what, the 7th man born of a virgin.
Your God is quite prolific with his invisible flying sperm that targets only virgins.

Regards
DL

Hello Greatest, I don’t think he was born of a virgin either, that would have been very freaky.
The story of Christianity is ugly, and the canon gospels were deliberately changed by the Roman Empire when they created the “Roman Unified Religion”.
From the beginning of Christianity in the 1st century, the movement started to gain a lot of followers and it was prohibited by the Roman Empire. The original Christians were prosecuted for more than 300 years and survived through their own means, some as martyrs and some as marginal citizens. By the 2nd and 3rd Centuries there were more than 32 gospels, and Christianity was already the biggest threat to the Empire because of the number of followers. So when Romans legalized it by the 4th century it was a political move, they systematically picked 4 main gospels, because it would be impossible to change more than 30 gospels. They added their own rituals, practices and beliefs to the scriptures. After that, they destroyed any other scripture that they could find.
Obviously stuff like: being born of a virgin, the December 25th birthdate, the Sunday as the holly day; all these were rituals inherited from Mithraism, the Roman religion before Jesus. At the beginning Mithraism was the main religion among the population of the Roman Empire (in Jerusalem opposed by Moses following), and by the 3rd Century AC, against Roman prosecution, Christian population over counted Mithraism, Jews or Pagans of the time.
Answer this: Why do you think that in 200 years’ time, a religion that started from scratch took over more than half of the population of the Roman Empire (included Romans themselves) ? Where do you think the scriptures of Jesus came from? Who “invented” them? If Mithras’s religion was already the main religion amongst the population at the beginning of the First Century, why didn’t Mithraism prevailed over a religion that “someone” invented, even against such strong opposition?
There is more information in the apocryphal gospels, there is much more different and contradictory information. From Zen-Like sayings of the Gospel of Thomas that unlike the canonical gospels, it just contains powerful sayings attributed to Jesus, and it just doesn’t care (as it should be) about the historical Jesus. But it cares much about the teachings. To Gospels like Mary Magdalene’s, who describe the old arguing among Jesus disciples about women (in that chauvinistic culture), you can find evidence in almost all gospels that Mary was undoubtedly one of the main disciples of Jesus, but according to the Gospel of Mary, other disciples (especially Peter) were against a woman having any kind of power. And it turns out Mary had a great influece in some branches of early Christians but that movement was not accepted by the prevailing chauvinist culture.

BTW, I’m not a “christian”, and I don’t have a god you can argue about.

I cannot prove the historical Jesus, just as skeptics cannot prove that he didn’t exist. But I really enjoy reading every paper there is about Jesus, I do think they contain much wisdom.

Indeed.

God is great.

Yes.

Okay.

O.K. everybody . Look close at number 1 . I would think you all know who Me is

Wisdom_Seeker

The Bible writers did put the odd bit of wisdom in Jesus' mouth, but unfortunately, they also added a bunch of un-workable rhetoric and thus polluted whatever message he had to offer us.

Regards
DL

Back