Beyotch or Not?

Is SENATOR Boxer's behavior respectful towards the Brigadier General appropriate?

• Total voters
all the people bashing the senator would probably have no problem if an officer of the court called a judge sir or ma'am and the judge asked to be called your honor. ITs IMO a case for the people going after her polly bashing and in some cases liberal bashing.

58963367v13_350x350_Front.jpg

We have this tiny portion of an exchange taken totally out of context. From what we do see the general appears to be wholly respectful when he calls her ma'am. She seems patronising when she asks to be called senator. He seems genuinely shocked and apologetic in his response. If those reactions accurately reflect the tenor of the entire exchange then she is a bitch.

In Britain where we take matters of protocol very seriously, the correct form of address to the monarch is ma'am. One first calls her Your Majesty, but subsequent remarks require ma'am. So from my perspective ma'am is highly respectful. (There was a first lady - I do not recall which one - who refused to curtsey when introduced to the Queen. I don't mind such disrespect for an important symbol of national character. I just throw another American flag on the fire.)

We have this tiny portion of an exchange taken totally out of context. From what we do see the general appears to be wholly respectful when he calls her ma'am. She seems patronising when she asks to be called senator. He seems genuinely shocked and apologetic in his response. If those reactions accurately reflect the tenor of the entire exchange then she is a bitch.
I agree with your characterization completely.

I'm sure, however, it's more difficult and requires more hard work to become Brigadier General than a Senator

While he may have been being wholly respectful, what he was doing by calling her ma'am was identifying with her as a woman, not as a senator. Now there's nothing wrong with being identified as a woman, but what she was telling him was that it was more appropriate for her to be recognised as a senator first and foremost, not as a woman. now I know that sounds contradictory but considering the recognition of women as "bitches" when they assert their power, in contrast to when a man does it who is deemed powerful, and assertive, she needed that man, and other people to know she was nothing other than a gender free senitor in that room.

I'm sure, however, it's more difficult and requires more hard work to become Brigadier General than a Senator

Well I think your right, but , some people think sucking corporate tits and ass, is more awful than serving the country, possibly putting your life on the line.

Nope. Nor does it involve any less ass kissing.

I agree with that. Actually. I ardently hate the military anyway, and it was quite amusing to see the man treated as a child. I was simply going with the flow, as you might say.

Back