Beyotch or Not?

Is SENATOR Boxer's behavior respectful towards the Brigadier General appropriate?

• Total voters
I think we agree that I know bitchy inside and out, MAW.

Not bitchy. Fussy. I don't like being called "ma'am," either.

Also, MAW, a lot of times when we protest about someone so much, we have crushes on them! :D

You, Barbie, and the missus? :D:D

no, she asked nicely didn't she. By the way, did he call the men sir or did he call them senator? I wish there was more to the video.

Not sure of the protocol in the U.S, if he should be calling her Senator or if Sir/Ma'am is out of line...but yeah she's a bitch.

She's a politician. Politicians are whole scale Bitches and Assholes ;)

Demanding the title, is true arrogance, esp from a military guy who calls people ma'am and sir all day...he sounded a bit southern too, prolly been doing it from childhood.

Demanding the title, is true arrogance, esp from a military guy who calls people ma'am and sir all day...he sounded a bit southern too, prolly been doing it from childhood.
That's what I thought too. I seriously doubt he meant any insult by referring to her as ma'am, but she jumped on him like he'd just called her a four letter word. If I'd been him, I'd have been sorely tempted to insist that she refer to me as Brigadier General. After all, he worked hard for that title as well.

Good call, I didn't even think of that. He might have even been shot at a few times in his career.

She, however should have thought of it, considering she is a stickler for that.

The non-arrogant way to put it - " Sorry, General, Please call me Senator..."

Like I said she's a politician and therefor the lowest form of life, regardless.

I came across this video today and my first reaction was, "What a bitch!" But I thought, perhaps my general disdain for Ms. Boxer had colored my judgement. So, check out the video and tell me what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHFPsiPYDA8&feature=player_embedded

Its your disdain for boxer and the left. Generally when someone who has a title that holds responsibilities and they are discharging those responsibilities it isn't respectful to not call them by title. Would you address a judge by something other than your honor in court?

Seventeen seconds?

It's hard to make any real judgment based on seventeen seconds of video. It well could have been one of those things where a member of Congress is simply putting someone in their place. What hearing was it? How much bullshit had the committee heard that day? I have no idea, because I can't place the hearing. And perhaps, if the bullshit factor was high, that's all one has left. "Call me 'Senator'." It is, by bureaucratic rules, probably the more diplomatic way of handling it. Calling bullshit and threatening a general with contempt of Congress in such a scenario would not be particularly useful.

Part of me would remind that Washington is a different culture than the rest of the country. But another part of me reminds, "That's the problem, isn't it?"

Back