Believers More Charitable,Peaceful than Non

NASB
Matthew 6:1
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 6:2
"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full."
Matthew 6:3
"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"
Matthew 6:4
"so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:5
"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full."
Matthew 6:6
"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:7
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words."
Matthew 6:8
"So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."

Yeah, liberals are lazy, which is why they're poor, they expect the government and rich people to do everything for them. I know lots of poor conservatives who became rich, simply because they weren't lazy, but when they arrived in the country they were poor. Liberals are also never generous...all the conservatives I know are very very generous...the liberals act like giving away dollar is the end of the world....ofcourse I still don't support the Bush-lovers...Bush doesn't represent true conservatism...which is smaller government, less regulation, more free market, more freedom, less world-intervention (less wars), etc....

What fatuous, bigoted, horse shit.

I give away a third of my gross income. I've said it before. To many causes.
It's one thing to post/discuss how much you give. It's another to say "oh, I give SOOOOOO much because I'm so good/cool/fill in the blank."

And peta: you have no clue WTF you're talking about.:rolleyes:

I definitely know what I'm talking about. I think you are lying. I don't believe you give away a third of your income unless it's to your church or some religous affiliated organization. It's definitely clear you would only give to organizations that are exclusive to others and inclusive to benefiting americans specifically. Your posts are loud and clear that you could care less what happens to those outside america and want to keep them out specifically for your personal comfort.

Again, you are talking out of your @ss. You have NO IDEA to whom I give anything. Ex: I've already posted that I and my church give a fortune to African kids.
I want to keep criminal aliens out. They do no good for my country.

Again, you are talking out of your @ss. You have NO IDEA to whom I give anything. Ex: I've already posted that I and my church give a fortune to African kids.

So, you give a third of your income, your church gives to African kids. Good for you!!!! See? You already got what you deserve.

POT: Hey Kettle
KETTLE: Yeah, Pot. What is it?
POT: I just wanted to tell you that you are black.

You are about the last MF to be telling ANYONE they are talking out their ass. :rolleyes:

NASB
Matthew 6:1
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 6:2
"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full."
Matthew 6:3
"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"
Matthew 6:4
"so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:5
"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full."
Matthew 6:6
"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Matthew 6:7
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words."
Matthew 6:8
"So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."

Sandy, I´m extremely interested in how do you interpret these things?
Do you even read the Bible?

cept build our home do are landcaping and taking care of our children when we don't feel like yep that sounds like nothing for our country to me

Hold up...I see endless depths of various kinds of elitism and racist stereotyping in this statement.

You and your church give a fortune (fortune is relevant - how much in dollars approximately does this 'fortune' amount to?) to african kids...then you move on to say, you want to keep criminal aliens out. WHAT exactly does one have to do with the other?

sandy read this http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=42174
it will help you with your insincerity.

audible said:
A third tenet prohibits men and women from wearing each other’s clothing (“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God”--Deuteronomy 22:5). Funny thing, two female Jehovah Witnesses came over this morning, they coffee clutched with my neighbor Jenny, a fellow Christian and ALL THREE of these women were wearing pant suits!

hahahahahahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's rich. I find it difficult to believe that a supposed omnipotent being with the concerns of the universe on his mind would take time to say "thou shalt not crossdress". Tell that to the Scots why don't you :D

I definitely know what I'm talking about. I think you are lying. I don't believe you give away a third of your income unless it's to your church or some religous affiliated organization. It's definitely clear you would only give to organizations that are exclusive to others and inclusive to benefiting americans specifically. Your posts are loud and clear that you could care less what happens to those outside america and want to keep them out specifically for your personal comfort.

:yawn: Where is the evidence for these unfounded statements?

Except, I suppose when those here illegally get their citizenship or join the military? Then all of a sudden those "cockroaches" become our heros?

Sandy, the best thing for you to do, if you really want to stop illegal immigration, is to take all of that resentment, emotion, whatever, and use it as fuel in a campaign against businesses who hire illegal immigrants. Seeing how adamant you are about the issue, I think you'll end up getting results faster.

What do you think?

Sandy, the best thing for you to do, if you really want to stop illegal immigration, is to take all of that resentment, emotion, whatever, and use it as fuel in a campaign against businesses who hire illegal immigrants. Seeing how adamant you are about the issue, I think you'll end up getting results faster.

What do you think?

I think you'd probably get farther by trying to talk some sense into one of these:
250px-Tree_stump1_30u06.JPG

or this:
DSC_7100-brickwall.jpg

than you will with Sandy. I applaud your effort though. :D

A new survey shows a significant gap between Christians and atheists. Most atheists and agnostics think radical Christianity is just as threatening in America as is radical Islam.:rolleyes:

Atheists are less likely than Christians to vote (78% versus 89%), to volunteer to help a non-church-related non-profit (20% versus 30%), to describe themselves as “active in the community” (41% versus 68%), and to personally help or serve a homeless or poor person (41% versus 61%). The typical no-faith American donated just $200 in 2006, which is more than seven times less than the amount contributed by the prototypical active-faith adult ($1500.)

One of the largest gaps was the perception of being “at peace,” a description less frequently embraced by no-faith adults (67% versus 90%).

http://www.churchexecutive.com/Page.cfm/PageID/9490

:)

Obviously, the conclusion of that survey is wrong.
Since the greatest philanthropist in history is an atheist:
http://www.answers.com/topic/ted-turner?cat=biz-fin

;)

Hold up...I see endless depths of various kinds of elitism and racist stereotyping in this statement.

You and your church give a fortune (fortune is relevant - how much in dollars approximately does this 'fortune' amount to?) to african kids...then you move on to say, you want to keep criminal aliens out. WHAT exactly does one have to do with the other?

Good point. What if we happened to share a boarder with a few of these African nations? Would they not attempt to enter the US any way possible to escape these deplorable living conditions?
What if Mexico was in Africa?
Sandy's church would be sending money to Mexico and African illegal immigrants would be the target of their scorn.

Good point. What if we happened to share a boarder with a few of these African nations? Would they not attempt to enter the US any way possible to escape these deplorable living conditions?
What if Mexico was in Africa?
Sandy's church would be sending money to Mexico and African illegal immigrants would be the target of their scorn.

Even better, what is Sandy was an illegal imigrant that was looking for a humble job in the US to support her 3 children?

Back