Ban on HIV Positive Immigrants Lifted

Brian Foley

REFUSE - RESIST
Valued Senior Member
Ban on HIV Positive Immigrants Lifted
The entry ban, introduced during the peak of the AIDS pandemic, was written into immigration law in 1993. It included mandatory HIV-testing as part of the medical exam.

Read more...
Ah yes the Obummer Administration is in full swing I see...this makes absolutely no sense at all!

What is written on the Statue Of Liberty again?

Send us your downtrodden, tired masses..something something.... aids infected seeking free medical care...

Yeah thats the ticket.

But does it really matter anymore as some 2,000 and more coming across Americas border everyday with HIV and other diseases seems to be the norm now.

Next they will require Americans to house HIV positive illegals or be thrown in jail.

This is just mind-blowingly idiotic. Why the fuck would you knowingly import people who are infected with a contagious, deadly disease?

It's expensive but your treated life expectancy after infection by HIV is 20 to 25 years.

By the way, it is only contagious through exchange of body fluids.

It's expensive but your treated life expectancy after infection by HIV is 20 to 25 years.

By the way, it is only contagious through exchange of body fluids.

but its still contagious and expensive as hell to treat. Do they come here and get on Medicaid?

I doubt it. Legally immigrating to the USA is hard if you aren't moderately wealthy and have no direct relatives. Also, non-citizen residents are deportable if they become a "public charge" to the taxpayers.

Why allow any unhealthy or non-intellectually-elite immigrants?

The only people that ought to be allowed to come here are the people that will contribute, and possess the means to; i.e, a sort of 'elite'; let's take the best of the best, and not the worst.

Is that what makes a good citizen?

What else makes a good citizen, if not high standards?

Though I digress; this topic is about the HIV immigrants, and ultimately my opinion on that is this: you shouldn't allow threats to the nation into the nation.

What else makes a good citizen, if not high standards?

Though I digress; this topic is about the HIV immigrants, and ultimately my opinion on that is this: you shouldn't allow threats to the nation into the nation.

I can see how it would be a major public health concern.

But its of no concern to you if you wrap your wiener up.

I can see how it would be a major public health concern.

But its of no concern to you if you wrap your wiener up.

HIV can spread in non-sexual ways as well (for instance, needles); and brand new FOTB immigrants could possibly be druggies.

Not to mention the costs. The country's overcrowded as it is.

Is it? how so?

This country is overcrowded. Our schools and prisons are overpopulated and our hospitals and nursing homes are bogged down by the sheer masses of people who are getting old. It will be worse before it's better.

I've said for years that we need to cut way back on immigration. I would even support a move to cease almost all forms of immigration except for people who want to join relatives here or are highly educated in a field that we need. That is no stricter than what some countries in Europe are already doing, and I see no reason for us to be any different.

I also think we should re-amend the constitution so that citizenship is granted only if your parents are citizens instead of giving it anyone who is born in our territory. Germany and many other countries do it this way. That change would provide a huge disincentive to illegal immigrants who come here to plant anchor babies. Probably this change won't happen in the USA, however.

...Send us your downtrodden, tired masses..something something.... aids infected seeking free medical care...

Immigrants don't get free medical care. If you don't want their HIV then don't have sex with them or play with their blood.

Back