Audio frequency 2 -- 5 Hz

These audio CD's should be used with headphones, but I see what you mean. That is quite interesting. I'll have to speak with Zoe and see what he thinks about it.
Whether or not these CD's can allow for those lower frequencies is not really important, as some of the CD's do work (Monroe Hemi-Sync). The use of psychoactive substances, as well as brain chemistry (sleep deprivation and so on), can produce the perfect mental landscape for OBE's, NDE's, Lucid Dreaming (Late Waking OBE), and Time Travel.
CD Audio is not the only tool a cyberpsychonaut has. Other technological devices such as brain tuners (electro-stimulation), photosonic stimulation, and so on, produce similar effects. They use lights, pulsing beats, electo-stimulation (microamp), all pulsing at specific frequencies to syncronize brain function.

-Bodhisattva

Quote"

BETA....18-35Hz. (Awake and alert)
ALPHA....8-12Hz. (Relaxed)
THETA....4-7Hz. (Hypnagogic imagery and reverie, near sleep)
DELTA....0.5-3Hz. (Sleep)
------------------------------------------------
there are a few others but im not telling!!! :D

he he he :D
and im off back to my assylum :D

:)

As Xenu said, here are the limitations of the tools.

All consumer CD players are designed for 20-20Khz range. While the digital signal can be recorded from 0-20Hz, the preamplifier at D/A conversion will chop off below 20Hz. The real output is more like 35Hz up.

Studio digital recorders are set the same way.

All electronic music syths chop off at 15K except a few newer ones that go to 20K on sampled sound.

All commercial microphones for recording rapidly fall off below 20 Hz.

The Hemi-sync people were selling commercially duplicated cassette tapes before the CD. You know the quality of tape recorders and the phase separation between channels. Yet they claimed all sorts of miracles - give me a break.

Brain wave patterns are the avarage activity of the brain at any given time. Whether one is dreaming or sleep. They are data streams between synapses. Using an analog envelope of that cumulative data stream is as useless as taking a complex data stream from an ethernet packet and make sense out of the envelope as to what data it contains. In fact, if you copy that analog and reproduce it - it will be gibberish to the computer.

Just one thing

The low frequncies of the alpha, beta, delta and theta waves are obtained through modulation, a vibrato, as someone has already explained. It's not the actual frequncy of the sound, but the frequncy by which it is modulated. You can have obtain a beta wave even in the highs of the sound spectrum. In nature no one sound has one single frequency. There are many frequncies and harmonics that make up sound. The only way to generate frequncies that low is through modulation, which means two different (but close) frequncies interpolated. Even if it were possible to attain such low frequncies, I don't think the effect would be the one expected.

Binaural beats and other brainwave gear has been around awhile.

In fact, you can take cool edit's built-in brainwave synchronizer and 'encode' brainwave frequencies into the sound file of your choice (mono or 'spatial stereo' source)

A chorus generator (like found in SoundBlaster's EMU10k-1 processors in SB Live and Extigy/audigy "Environmental Audio") can encode this in real-time to any audio, so long as you set the LFO depth/rate and delay properly, and use sine/sinusoid waveforms at 180 degrees, and listen through stereo headphones, your brain will 'entrain' to that LFO rate (down to about 3Hz) This is a newer method discovered, but works on the same FFE (Frequency following effect) principles of binaural beats.

Back