Attack of the bees!

read i loved my tropical tank (although i need to pull it apart and fix it, so they are in a small tank until i can get around to it) but its NOTHING compared to a marine. I LOVE the coral and the creatures are so varied i will post some picks of it in that thread as soon as my partner brings the camera back. Even the algy is interesting in a marine tank rather than a nuecence like it is in the other types

Does home made honey taste better than the stuff you buy in the store? Is it cheaper to make your own than buying it?

The first will depend on your personal taste. Store honey is carefully blended from SEVERAL different flowering sources in order to keep the taste consistent for consumers. The distinctive taste of home-produced honey will vary throughout the summer as different things bloom. I personally like that better because I enjoy the change. In some areas, there may be only one or two major honey-producing sources so there is little variation there.

For my taste, the three best ones are white clover, sourwood and vetch. The last one is water-white, very clear and great tasting!!

Yes, it's cheaper produced at home BUT that's only after several years of getting over what you paid for the bees and equipment.

Back