Atheist discussing GOD?

Yes they should, theists can too I suppose but they should write it as though it really happened.
Like speak of movies and novels like they were real world events.
Like "two young adults lost their car last week.." when reviewing 'dude wheres my car?'.

What is real life.?
Reality, as opposed to fantasy.

Dr Lou Natic said:
And similarly I wonder why theists talk about real life.

What is real life.?

Reality, as opposed to fantasy.

Should atheists not write reviews of novels, then?

Yes they should, theists can too I suppose but they should write it as though it really happened.
Like speak of movies and novels like they were real world events.
Like "two young adults lost their car last week.." when reviewing 'dude wheres my car?'.

Do you really wish theists to be like this.? Then i really wish you should talk of the reality in following terms :

Humans & other life forms : A lump of intelligent entities formatted and controlled by DNA and made up of Carbo-hydrates,Nitrogen,Calcium,Potassium etc.

Mountains,Rivers, Buildings and other assorted matters : bunches of dynamic energies geneally localised & following natural laws etc.

Because this way you can be closer to 'reality' than the commonly held notions of reality.

Your generalization of theists into an ever_fantasizing group and wishing them to be banned from talking of 'reality' that is mostly common to both theists as well as atheists indicates your intolerance towards a 'belief' that comes in varying degrees. You seem to see humans in black and white extremities.

As for the reviewing, you are welcome to review but please don't review auto-biographies / biographies (though they might appear wierd to you) as if they are novels, for you would be committing smiliar mistakes that you accuse of.

Summary : A belief held by someone should not be used to make him/her to loose his/her right to be attached with common reality. This holds good for both theists and atheists.

I know many atheists who are simply atheist because they haven't found the religion for them yet. And if that fits the description of any of you out there I highly recommend something earth-based... go earth!

Back