atheism

Are atheists victims of religion?

• yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
A complete non-answer and a demonstration of your fear and inability to confront reality. Are all theists such cowards? You remind me of a poster we refer to as LG.
You asked for a mental model of your examples. I stand by my answer.

You asked for a mental model of your examples. I stand by my answer.
Let me clarify.

How do you personally judge the worthyness or truthfulness of each of my examples?

For example, I might say that I deem wood gnomes to be fantasy because no example has ever been produced and there is no biological evidence that miniature old men with red hats are plausable.

Or I might say that polar aurorae are real because I can (and have) seen them and there are peer-reviewed journals with volums of data and observations supporting aurorae.

See?

What say you?

M*W: Atheists aren't victims. Religionists are the victims. Sure, one could blame religion for victimization, but the individual is also responsible for his own victimization. That comes from refusing to read and learn. Religionists put their mind to reading only that which propagates their religion. Atheists read much more literature on the subject and decide what is true. We have a choice. Religionists are told what to believe and, sadly, they do.

M*W: Atheists aren't victims. Religionists are the victims. Sure, one could blame religion for victimization, but the individual is also responsible for his own victimization. That comes from refusing to read and learn. Religionists put their mind to reading only that which propagates their religion. Atheists read much more literature on the subject and decide what is true. We have a choice. Religionists are told what to believe and, sadly, they do.

Does it have to be an either/or situation? We all have a choice. It's impressive that you compared theists with religionists.

The thing that turned me to Atheism was that I realised that when "religious" I was a victim of lazy and irrational thinking. Hopefully I have put an end to that and now found the cure to my ails. :D

Back