"Atheism has a Richard Dawkins problem"

If there's no group, how do you criticize the group?
Or on the other foot, if there's no group, how can talk of it progressing, etc?

You can only criticize all atheists as they relate to the single core idea of atheism, disbelief in God. Otherwise you have to get more specific.
Unless of course you want to praise it, apparently.

Yet we constantly find you pointing to the apparent absence of organizational structure within atheism like a derranged vagrant convinced of something profound.
There is no organizational structure in atheism. There are, however, atheist organizations.

Or on the other foot, if there's no group, how can talk of it progressing, etc
It's like civil rights, which can progress as a result of individuals changing their minds.
Unless of course you want to praise it, apparently.
I praise it as the absence of faith based atrocities. It doesn't automatically make atheists morally superior or involnerable to other forms of human frailties.

It's like civil rights, which can progress as a result of individuals changing their minds.
Like a member of the Silent Brotherhood changing their value affiliation to the Comancheroes?
Or does the mere changing of minds have to be coordinated with specific values in specific ways to grant progress?

I praise it as the absence of faith based atrocities. It doesn't automatically make atheists morally superior or involnerable to other forms of human frailties.
Then if its open to non-faith based atrocities or frailties, your praise is arbitrary.

The OP is about Dawkins. Is there anything by Dawkins in it?
Or is the OP about things by Dawkins?
Or is this simply more of your standard douchebaggery and desperation to clutch straws?
(And you wonder why you are the subject of insult ....)

Not all atheists subscribe to that organization. But to the extent that we do, it's fair game.
Not all atheists have to subscribe to it for it to have sufficient organizational structure to clean shit off porcelain.

It doesn't matter if it's about Bilbo Baggins. The point is that Richard Dawkins has had no influence on me.
And you, in turn, have no influence in the world of atheism.

You really could stand to drop the childish name-calling. It reflects more on you than it does on me.
It is better to command respect rather than demand it.

Not all atheists have to subscribe to it for it to have sufficient organizational structure to clean shit off porcelain.
I'm not sure what that means exactly, but if you can criticize American Atheists more than they criticize themselves, you are more than welcome.

Back