Atheism and the 'religious' feeling

Mmmyeah, I'm going to say that a feeling of God's presence would be indirect evidence -- thought perhaps not conclusive evidence -- of God's existence. It is at least a reason to suspect that he might exist.

Please, do elaborate, how does one actually know the 'feeling of god' if one is unable to compare such a feeling or knows in fact that it is the appropriate 'feeling?'

And it wasn't a distraction, I've pontificated on my beliefs ad nauseum on this forum before coming to the conclusion that most atheists on this forum are as blind to the socio-political realities and as influenced by religious propaganda as religious extremists. They are certain that the internet and the media are absolute reflections of reality, since this to them constitutes "evidence" in support of their disbelief.

Yet, your beliefs are based on 1400 year old, second and third rated rantings of a guy pretending to talk with angels. Yeah, that's a reflection of reality.

The blind opining on the allegedly blind?

Yet, your beliefs are based on 1400 year old, second and third rated rantings of a guy pretending to talk with angels. Yeah, that's a reflection of reality.

The blind opining on the allegedly blind?

Yada Yada

I'm sure you discard everything everyone learned before you were born.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that you invented a new definition of the human race and what it means the minute you were born. Probably had no language or went to school either.

After all, you know whats right/rational since only your definition must be correct.

Bah!

Please, do elaborate, how does one actually know the 'feeling of god' if one is unable to compare such a feeling or knows in fact that it is the appropriate 'feeling?'

What is usually deified by people is greater than them, no? So the characteristic religious feeling of smallness and reverence for something profound should literally suggest that something worthy of deification exists.

Stop trying so hard to show that there's no FSM. You keep doing that. That's not what I'm talking about.

Back