Astro-theological interpretation of being "born again."

Bottom line: There are elements of astrology in christianity. There are also elements of Judaism in christianity. There also other elements from other fertility cults in christianity. So it is kind of simplistic to say that all of it is just astrotheology.
M*W: Good point, and this is why: Combining the elements of astrology, christianity, judaism, islam, buddhism, fertility cults, solar/lunar aspects of the various gods and goddesses can only be done by the ancient humans who created their deities in man-made religions that have changed and evolved through the ages that have always been mythological.

I certainly have no problem with what you believe, but just know that it is myth.

M*W: Good point, and this is why: Combining the elements of astrology, christianity, judaism, islam, buddhism, fertility cults, solar/lunar aspects of the various gods and goddesses can only be done by the ancient humans who created their deities in man-made religions that have changed and evolved through the ages that have always been mythological.

I certainly have no problem with what you believe, but just know that it is myth.

-You already said you dont know much about buddhism, so don't presume to tell me about my beliefs. Or to make sweeping statements about "all religions." You have a high-degree of certitude in your beliefs that I only ever see in fundamentalists. You might want to try questioning your beliefs and what standard you are using to arise at this certainty you have.

-Secondly, for every astrological interpretation you can find in the bible I bet I can find an equally plausible interpretation related to extra-terrestials or psychedelics. So, maybe these people really were in contact with extra-terrestials, or were tripping, or were actually talking to angels. The point is its hard to be certain of these things. In my opinion they weren't just sitting around campfires making this shit up (i.e., myth) but rather were relating their actual experiences. So it's at least possible that this isn't all just made up stuff. I find it all pretty interesting. I'm also nowhere near certain about what it means - that's for fundamentalists.

Back