Ascension, aliens will assist us.

though no one can come up with an exact vision
but afterwards, if anything happens, they'll "find" the extremely accurate predictions they "misplaced" before the event.
If we predict the economic and social changes taking place since 9/11
you really think accurate social and economic predictions can made for 7 years in the future.

Oli said:
you really think accurate social and economic predictions can made for 7 years in the future.

It will not be very accurate but close. That is what I do for a living, designing feedback and feed forward systems in a non-linear dynamic environment. It is not the same thing as the neural net. To me present neural nets are like those psychics...you can train them for past results to 99.9%, but they fail predicting a week ahead let alone 7 years ahead. But based on my work in China in early 80s on socio-economic development, and what is going on in USA for the last few years (using real data from various states), talking to our economic development groups from multi-states, activities of SBA, interactions of our commerce department, monitoring work in Africa in last 30 years, decisions made by Japanese executives, decision made by companies such as Polaroid, Kodak, Winn-Dixie, Global Crossing etc. etc. (the other 10,000+ variables) - a picture emerges.....it is a gut feeling that....

I hope, I am wrong...

barehandkiller said:
Heres a short version of the above link.

Most of us are not archaeologists or astronomers, anthropologists or astrologers.

No shit. Most of them are rather under-educated.

barehandkiller said:
Yet the majority of what is written about one of the most exciting and relevant subjects of our day - the approaching Winter Solstice 2012 end-date of the Mayan Calendar -

Saying its relevant doesn't make it so. 2012 doesn't mean anything but a year in the future (CE) or the past (BCE).

barehandkiller said:
This article is written for the Everyday Earthling who may be hearing a lot about the Mayans,

They're called the "Maya," not the "Mayans." Mayan refers to the language & script itself.

barehandkiller said:
their calendars, hieroglyphs and mysterious temples scattered throughout the jungles of Mexico, Guatemala, Belize and Honduras.

Not much mystery with their temples. Except the ones that haven't been discovered are. Now, the Teotihuacanos had a fascinating and mysterious temple: the Temple of Quetzalcoatl has hundreds of dead warriors arranged in ritual fashion and killed in sacrifice. These weren't their enemy but their own warriors. What beliefs and superstitions motivate a ruler to dedicate a temple with the sacrifice of hundreds of the best warriors (they had the medals to prove their worth in the form of human mandibles on necklaces made from those they slew in battle)!? What importance such a temple must have had!

But the Maya temples... fascinating and of wonderful architectural design... but nothing really mysterious about them.

barehandkiller said:
Let us begin with some questions. Why is there so much talk about the "end of the Mayan calendar" and what does it mean?

It means that the same culture that believed the world was supported on the back of a crocodile-mosnster and that their king was a god born from the mouth of a were-jaguar decided to use a 13 baktun calendar and the math brings the cyclical calendar full circle to begin again at that point.

barehandkiller said:
Is there something significant we should know about the Winter Solstice date of December 21, 2012?

Sure there is. Its the shortest day of that year. The days gradually and steadily get longer from that point on. Important stuff to early agriculturalists. Means shit to us now though.

barehandkiller said:
How were the Mayans able to track long periods of time and why would they want to?

They didn't have television so they had lots of free time at night with no electric lights to watch the sky. The E-Group temple structures mark the solstices as well as the equinox. Keeping accurate time is very important to agriculturalists who depend on planting/harvesting at precise times in order to produce/reap the best harvests. In Mesoamerica, bad timing can mean flooded crops or drought.

barehandkiller said:
Why should we care about the Mayans today? Is there anything we can learn from them?

We can certainly learn from them by examining their poor regard for their environment, their warring culture, their need for elite status at the expense of peasantry, and the collapses of their kingdoms.

barehandkiller said:
I first learned about the Mayans in 1987 from Jose Arguelles' book The Mayan Factor.

It's very name, which includes the missused word "Mayan," reveals its lack of scholarly value as a text.

barehandkiller said:
It was during the months leading up to the event known as Harmonic Convergence

New age mumbo jumbo.

barehandkiller said:
Is there something significant we should know about the Winter Solstice date of December 21, 2012? Yes. On this day a rare astronomical and Mayan mythical event occurs. In astronomic terms, the Sun conjuncts the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic.

It doesn't mean shit. Nothing is special about "alignments" except that they happen in the cosmos on cyclical terms and can often be used as points of measuring time. Not surprisingly, they also give birth to strange superstitions and beliefs. Nothing has ever been demonstrated to be significant with "alignments" other than this. There's no measurable "energy" or "vibration" etc.

barehandkiller said:
This rare astronomical event, foretold in the Mayan creation story of the Hero Twins,

The Popol Vuh also described a tree with a head on it that spoke. Creation myths are fun to read, but seldom contain factual information.

barehandkiller said:
Why should we care about the Mayans today? Is there anything we can learn from them? The trees give us oxygen to breathe and help create the nourishing rains upon which we depend, sustaining life. We are missing these rains in places where the trees have been cut down or burned. Fires begin that nature can no longer extinguish. For the Mayans, trees were intermediaries between the physical and spiritual worlds, and absolutely essential to life. They believed that without the tree man could not survive and that "with the death of the last tree comes the death of the human race."

And yet, there are more trees in the regions of Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Belize today than there were during the late Classic period of the Maya. This is because the Maya were piss-poor stewards of their environment. They cut tree after tree to use in constructing monumental architecture out of pure vanity for the kings that called themselves "living gods." The removal of the trees eventually led to widespread erosion and, when finally hit with a massive drought, the Maya kingdoms collapsed -their monumental architecture left for ruin and finally reclaimed by the jungles and rainforrests that swallowed them up.

The Maya weren't mystical and wise ancients. They were vain, warmongering savages to their own people. They sacrificed each other because they thought that the blood of a strong warrior was the proper way to appease the ancestor gods as well as the living gods (the kings). They cut their penises and tounges, bleeding themselves. They slit the throats of warriors and disembowled captives.

barehandkiller said:
The ancient carved stones and the stars themselves tell us we are on the brink of a new world age.

Prove it.

barehandkiller said:
We may trust that it is time for humanity to awaken into a true partnership with each other, with the Earth, and the Cosmos. By accepting this partnership we may claim our birthright and become Galactic Citizens who care for and sustain the planet, thus sustaining ourselves. This is clearly the challenge of our times.

Maybe so. But the Maya are the last people to expect that such humanitarian ideals could be learned.

I recommend that you read real books on such things. Try these:

The Maya, by Michael Coe.

Collapse, by Jared Diamond.

barehandkiller said:
The planets do have frequencies, the earths was fairly consistantly 7.8 somethings(mhz, ghz, mhz, wtf?) but in recent recordings it has been as high as 14 some have said.

If you refer to the 'Schuman Resonance' that's about 7.5Hz (you got your order of magnitude WAY off btw). ~14 would be a harmonic, therefore, not a major fluctuation of the base frequency.

Even the 2012 woowoos get this right, what have _you_ been reading?

Damn, end things is so much easier to remember than suffices. Wish I'd been taught that.

even if theres no big gigantic energy force that quickly(or over time) alters those people's dna whos vibration is high enough, i believe "at Least"... those born during this new age will be of a higher vibration and they will be able to make the changes that will make it a Golden Era

Please, Barehandkiller, could you clarify what you mean - in layman's terms? The precession of the equinoxes might cause a "big gigantic energy force" that alters DNA? What's the nature of the force you warn of? How will it interact with DNA? What could you possibly mean about people of a "higher vibration"? They will be of a higher temperature? How might this allow them to instigate a "Golden Era"?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, but you have me totally flummoxed.

Laika said:
Apologies for the barrage of questions, but you have me totally flummoxed.
What a delightfully diplomatic way to say "You are talking bollocks and now I am calling you on it." I like it.

What a delightfully diplomatic way to say "You are talking bollocks and now I am calling you on it." I like it.

Indeed, I decided that, rather than jump straight in with ridicule, I would give Barehandkiller the benefit of the doubt and assume that he/she intends those phrases to carry some specific meaning. My prior experience, however, tells me that I may be too kind. Still... lets wait and see.

Crunchy Cat said:
Hallowed are the Orai

Gotta love the Orai! (or else)

910_13.jpg

Most of us are not archaeologists or astronomers, anthropologists or astrologers.

The first three in this category require an extensive education while the fourth merely requires an active imagination.

In astronomic terms, the Sun conjuncts the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic.

Uh yeah, it does that every year at that time, so what?

The cosmic cross formed by the intersecting Milky Way and plane of the ecliptic was called the Sacred Tree by the Maya. The trunk of the tree, the Axis Mundi, is the Milky Way, and the main branch intersecting the tree is the plane of the ecliptic. Mythically, at sunrise on December 21, 2012, the Sun - our Father - rises to conjoin the center of the Sacred Tree, the World Tree, the Tree of Life..

Sorry, I just ran several years of Dec. 21 through astronomy software and found nothing of any import. One can find pictures of anything in any given year, so what?

Back