Are You Living in a Computer Simulation?

No you don't.

Your problem is delusion.

:rolleyes:
Ever thought of getting an education?

So you are saying that a Galaxy sized amount of water with head on velocity to opposing water will not compress at all? My theory is based on the Aether compressing at this scale with velocity however.

Then why state:

:shrug:

Nope. You use the quote function.
If you were quoting someone else's statement then you should have made that clear.

You are posting half of the sentence to make it look like I wasn't clear.. post the whole sentence, and I follow up with "Water must have a compression effect if you apply enough pressure."

You are posting half of the sentence to make it look like I wasn't clear.
Post 140 shows you're incorrect:
Me said:
You said:
I am more interested in "Water cannot be compressed." It must have a compression effect if you apply enough pressure.

and I follow up with "Water must have a compression effect if you apply enough pressure."
Quoted in both post #140 AND post #144.
If you have to resort lies that transparent there's not much hope for you, is there?

Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton
You are posting half of the sentence to make it look like I wasn't clear.

Post 140 shows you're incorrect:

Originally Posted by Me

Originally Posted by You
I am more interested in "Water cannot be compressed." It must have a compression effect if you apply enough pressure.

and I follow up with "Water must have a compression effect if you apply enough pressure."

Quoted in both post #140 AND post #144.
If you have to resort lies that transparent there's not much hope for you, is there?

You lose.. :D

And you still maintain your track record of being incorrect. And delusional.

Well.. if I only have to be incorrect in your head I am happy with my knowledge. :D

By the way.. what are these called again?.. ""... it's completely slipped from my memory... oh.. you use them for quotes.. what is that word I am thinking?

... unless on paper you decide to shade parts of the page in grey...

The only compressible part of water is the space between the atoms/molecules, you can't violate the atomic states (e.g. you can't make two atoms occupy the same space), therefore compression is limited. Since what space that is compressible is so small, it's usually seen as negligible, unless absolute precision is required.

My initial statement was applied without precision factored in, since it was just being used as a metaphorical model.

The only compressible part of water is the space between the atoms/molecules, you can't violate the atomic states (e.g. you can't make two atoms occupy the same space), therefore compression is limited. Since what space that is compressible is so small, it's usually seen as negligible, unless absolute precision is required.

My initial statement was applied without precision factored in, since it was just being used as a metaphorical model.

Well atoms aren't fundamental so they can break, and not share the same space. I was thinking of a very large scale. But anyway, nevermind, I thought you were applying some superfluid properties to water that I didn't know about.

Last edited:
Well.. if I only have to be incorrect in your head I am happy with my knowledge. :D
You have very little knowledge.
Water is like everything else, the amount it compresses varies with pressure applied.

By the way.. what are these called again?.. ""... it's completely slipped from my memory... oh.. you use them for quotes.. what is that word I am thinking?
And since you didn't specify that it was a quote from a post (as opposed to a general saying (which the remark was: it's a common, practical misconception)) then you were, as usual, less than clear on your meaning.

Water is like everything else, the amount it compresses varies with pressure applied.

And since you didn't specify that it was a quote from a post (as opposed to a general saying (which the remark was: it's a common, practical misconception)) then you were, as usual, less than clear on your meaning.

Ah yes but I have now given you all of the information that you need to know that it was a quote, and the person who wrote the comment has replied to it.. and yet....

... you still wrote the above quote with all of that knowledge...

.. so you lose for the third time! :D

Water for engineering purposes is considered an incompressible fluid as its compression is very small under pressure.

This does not mean that on the atomic level that compression is not possible, just that it is small when compared to the overall volume of the sample.

Back