Are we really smarter than dolphins?

Ha ha ha, very funny. How can they play Gridiron football anyway :confused:

"Hitchhiker's Guide..." is a great book, very funny. Good for anyone who likes sci-fi, its mostly sci-fi humor.

I have no reason to say dolphins are or not...there are studies saying they could be atleast equal in their learning ability anyway. And their language system seems very complex...which may or may not point to intelligence. I guess we won't know till we develope a Cetacean/Human translator. (Dolphins are cetaceans right...?).

I'd like to talk to a dolphin.

Ever see the simpsons halloween special when the dolphins come out of the water and attack Springfield? GREAT episode, one of my favs. In the end of that bit all the people are in the ocean, with homer sitting on the floating couch. Classic. :D

Ever see the simpsons halloween special when the dolphins come out of the water and attack Springfield? GREAT episode, one of my favs. In the end of that bit all the people are in the ocean, with homer sitting on the floating couch. Classic

DUDE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Me and Counsler have already been through that :bugeye:

EDIT: Also, remember that Dolphin in Seaquest DSV. He was pretty smart

Heres another question

How much of the brain do Dolphins use?

Humans only use 10% of its current capability, I wander how much Dolphins use. Could be the deciding factor here folks

if humans use only 10% of our brains, what do we do with the other....45%?

That 10% schmeil is a bunch of bullshit. We use ALL of our brain's parts but we don't use them to their full extent.

EDIT: Also, remember that Dolphin in Seaquest DSV. He was pretty smart

I think they used drugs to enhance it. I cant believe none of you have mentioned flipper yet! The gayest dolphin on the planet!

That 10% schmeil is a bunch of bullshit. We use ALL of our brain's parts but we don't use them to their full extent.

Illusion probably only uses about 4% of his brain.:D Just kidding illusion. I though that it was more like 6%?!

Originally posted by airdog
if humans use only 10% of our brains, what do we do with the other....45%?

Hahahaha. Am I the only one that found that funny? :p

Are dolphins smarter than humans? Hell, guppies are smarter than half the people on this planet.

Half the people ARE guppies

EDIT: Thanks for the link, I'll take a nose around at it

I believe that doplhins are actually smarter than lots of humans, I even believe most fish are smarter than some people (even with their memory span :bugeye: )

We are much smarter. How often do humans get caught in tuna traps?

pretty much get cought on landmines

I know some very stupid humans (exgirlfriend) who are stupid enough to step on land mines. Sometimes I hope that they (exgirlfriend) steps on one.:D

you don't need to be stupid- they are usually burried in ground and can be noticed only with metal detectors.
So humans are also kinda stupid- the method only is different- nets for dolphins, mines for humans.
My point is still valid.

btw- a true story- when my father was in Bosnia he was told by the local peacekeeping guys how those ehtnic fighters checked if there's a mine field. They gave a football ball to kids and watchd as they go play on the particular field. So they could know if it's safe to build a camp there.
a trully terrifying case

Back