Are those who study the theory of relativity crazy?

Tony:
It’s hard to imagine that this is the question James R asked. Oh my god.
You're unable (or unwilling) to explain what you meant? Okay. I'm not surprised.
You should know how Newton's gravity equation is written. It is only related to the mass of objects and the distance between them. This is a force acting at a distance. Laplace did calculations and found that the gravitational speed was 7 million times the speed of light.
Yes. We know that Newton was wrong. We have, for instance, detected gravitational waves.
Do you want to see what Academician Shiing-Shen Chern said about Einstein and his theories?
Is it relevant to what we have been discussing?

Did you read my post #33, above? Is there something there that you didn't understand?
To answer this question, you need to first answer the following question: In which direction is the space-time around the sun curved? I can give you some reminder: the space around the sun is 3D.
Why don't you tell us?

Here's a link to some of the relevant maths. You can do the calculation yourself and tell us your result:

Riemann curvature tensor
What are the facts? The theory of relativity is useless and cannot even calculate the simplest planetary orbits.
Don't tell lies, Tony!
If I ask you, does GPS need to use the theory of relativity? You will tell me firmly that this is necessary. But is it really necessary?
Yes. Without correcting for time dilation effects, the GPS system would not be able to locate objects on the Earth with the accuracy that it demonstrably has.

Last edited:
Moderator note: TonyYuan has been warned for trolling, and for attempting to insult other members of this forum. (see post #56 for the most obvious example, but really the entire thread is a fairly obvious attempt at trolling).

Due to accumulated warning points, TonyYuan has managed to get himself permanently banned from sciforums.

According to general relativity, space around the sun is not curved at all.
This is incorrect. Just one more error from Tony, on his way out. And to think: if he had kept an eye on his warning points he might have been able to stay here long enough to learn a thing or two. But his urge to troll was just too powerful, apparently.

This is incorrect. Just one more error from Tony, on his way out. And to think: if he had kept an eye on his warning points he might have been able to stay here long enough to learn a thing or two. But his urge to troll was just too powerful, apparently.
Nah, he never showed the remotest interest in learning anything, from the time he joined. But there were times, in some of the earlier exchanges, when some science could be discussed for the benefit of other readers at least. That stopped when he started making it a personal crusade to throw custard pies at Einstein and anyone who knew any physics.:rolleyes:

Anyway, thank God that's over!

Moderator note: TonyYuan has been warned for trolling, and for attempting to insult other members of this forum. (see post #56 for the most obvious example, but really the entire thread is a fairly obvious attempt at trolling).

Due to accumulated warning points, TonyYuan has managed to get himself permanently banned from sciforums.
Was post 56 removed? I wanted to see the straw.

Back