Are little white lies ok? (yes or no)

C

celeron3466

Do you believe that little white lies are ok? (yes or no)

Yes, they are ok. Sometimes the truth is too complicated to explain and unecessary to hear.

Yes, they sure are. It avoids unnessercary pain...unless they find out and kick you in the nads :eek:

Generally, I believe it doesn't matter if you lie or not at all..
What matters is what you try to achieve by doing it and how much harm/unfairness it will cause to other people.

Yes, they are ok. Sometimes the truth is too complicated to explain and unecessary to hear.
but u do get some people who think they know better. these people are idiots and dont listen. they are childish too. They wont take peoples word on things.

white lies are lies (by definition) which are told for the good of a person. lying about ones age, profession (or previous profession) or social standing is purley done for selfish reasons. To try and get ahead by way of deceit. this is not a white lie. A lie from someone in an attempt to shield another is a white lie as it is done for the good of the other. One is Good, the other is Bad. p_ete2001 tells white lies. others do not. :mad:

White lies are not okay. If your meeting someone for the first time and then lie to them and they find out later that.... ahh screw it. White lies are fine.

There is nothing wrong with white lies if they are used to stop someones feelings from getting hurt. I lie every single birthday and Xmas.... "Thanks nan, these Y-fronts are great". It works a charm and has never done anyone any harm.

Lying is for diplomatic people.

Both truth and lie have equal potential for good and evil. It all depends on the scenareo.

Do what caused the least harm.

Purple lies are better.

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

A reply

Mabye I am a little weird, but I would much rather someone tell me that my hairstyle<or whatever>sucks, so that I can correct the problem rather than making an assessment on the faulty information that white lies provide. In my opinion white lies are only useful because some people can not control how they feel when the truth exposes an opportunity to correct a problem. On the other hand, a person may be aware of a painful truth, and it may be harmful to frame that truth with an uncaring, barbed comment when a bit of comfort can administered by a white lie that implies that you don't mind looking the other way. Even if the recipient knows that you that telling a white lie.

Back