Are atheists lost sons ?

Enmos

Valued Senior Member
Do theists, or at least Christians, consider atheists to be 'lost sons' ?
Do they want them to return ?

Do theists, or at least Christians, consider atheists to be 'lost sons' ?
Do they want them to return ?

i want for an atheist whatever an atheist wants for himself and so does god.

I sure hope not, id rather christens consider me the devil, fear me, stuff like that...

If anything my only role to religious people is to make them question themselves, if I can do that, I've done my job.

I sure hope not, id rather christens consider me the devil, fear me, stuff like that...

If anything my only role to religious people is to make them question themselves, if I can do that, I've done my job.

why? do you not respect other's free will to believe as they wish? if not you should be religious, because that's what many religious people do to atheists, and if i'm not mistaken, atheists don't enjoy or respect that kind of behavior.

Don't hold your breath "!

if the living entity is eternally and constitutionally connected to god, what other alternative is there?

Are you saying the living entity IS connected or does the IF constitute uncertainty? If yes, what is your rationale for this statement?

LG,

So you say atheists are like lost sons to theists. Do theists want them to return ?
I assume you are familiar with the parable.

It's in your premise, lightgigantic: "if the living entity is eternally and constitutionally connected to god..."

That's not a notion that all religious people want to accept. There are those who are happier with the idea that the "bad guys" (those who disagree) will suffer eternal disconnection from God.

For example, Ann Coulter says in Godless: The Church of Liberalism: I defy my coreligionists to tell me they do not laugh at the idea of Dawkins burning in hell.

That doesn't give the impression that she considers Dawkins to be "eternally and constitutionally connected to God."

It's in your premise, lightgigantic: "if the living entity is eternally and constitutionally connected to god..."

That's not a notion that all religious people want to accept. There are those who are happier with the idea that the "bad guys" (those who disagree) will suffer eternal disconnection from God.
the OP was an open invitation to theists

For example, Ann Coulter says in Godless: The Church of Liberalism: I defy my coreligionists to tell me they do not laugh at the idea of Dawkins burning in hell.

That doesn't give the impression that she considers Dawkins to be "eternally and constitutionally connected to God."
depends whether one considers hell to be eternal or not

the OP was an open invitation to theists
Right. And you know that you're not representative of all theists... so why do you have "with a puzzlement how there could be any other alternative answer?"

depends whether one considers hell to be eternal or not
Right again... And you know that some theists do consider hell to be eternal, do you not?

Back