Are animals becoming more nocturnal?

I read that her bill for shots alone exceeds $10k. There's a Gofundme page, I think.

I do not know.
The study was pay-walled.
"...studies of 62 species from six continents."

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/360/6394/1232

urban sprawl along side de-forrestation is listed as one of the biggest issues for species endangerment & extinction, AND is closely tied to climate change.
climate change deniers would want to suggest species evolution to abide human change instead of the other way around.

domesticated cat, dogs, mice, rats, hedghogs, squerrels, horses and a few other species would need to be exlcuded.
any species that directly interacts with humans would need to be excluded.
any species that is domesticated would need to be excluded.
many insect species would need to be excluded.
probably... there should be entomologists who could devise basic relative insect studys to quantatatively represent shift patterns that could then allow for a proper exclusion list.

Apparently all species (especially mammals) which have larger day predators
Previous research has found that mammals went from being noctural to being active during both day and night about 65.8 million years ago, roughly 200,000 years after most dinosaurs went extinct.
“Species for millions of years have been adapting to diurnal activity, but now we’re driving them back into the night and may be driving natural selection,” Ms. Gaynor said in an interview.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/science/animals-human-nocturnal-study.html
many insect species would need to be excluded.
I absolutely agree with that.
First, they need light (infrared or ultraviolet) to "see".
Second, insects are incapable of experiencing fear. That's what makes them so successful.

Last edited:
They are capable of behaving exactly as if they experienced fear, some of them anyway.
Have you seen the Hellstrom Chronicle? It's an old movie but very interesting and more than a little scary......:eek:

Last edited:
///
Try to imagine if some planets out there have 1 or 2 or 5 billion years of evolution.
<>
I don't think there is an upper limit. And it seems diversity is not limited to living organisms, but to structure, configurations, and patterns in all of nature and thoughout the universe. It boggles the mind.

8 shots of immune globulin, 4 shots of rabies vaxx.

$68,0000

Yeah, this country's healthcare system isn't broken much.

A kid in Florida died last year from rabies. His dumbass fatheor brought a rabid bat home for some unfathomable reason. Told the kid not to go near it. Of course, to a kid that mean definitely go near it. Bat bit the kid, gave him rabies. Supposedly, the father looked up what to do online or something and thought all he had to do was wash it out. Poor child died a horrific death.

I'm sure that's not the whole story. Sounds like the father was covering his ass. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he looked up what it would cost and, not having any insurance because yknow Obama is a commie, decided to throw dice on his child's life.

Back