Apes that write / start fire / play pacman

Pacman and the Apes!!!

Next We will be playing street fighter two against them!!!

Melatonin production does not have anything to do with culture. Playing pacman does.

melatonin production is genetical difference. Furthermore Evolution of different coltures depend on their genetical preferences, such as choice of sexual characteristics in another male/female which ultimately creates the cultural differences.

Correct me if I am wrong but did you just say that cultural differences are genetic?

well I might be misunderstanding what people/you mean by culture.

But reason with me:
1) Everyone's cultural preferences are different
2) The choice people make because of their culture influences the choice of the mate for them
3) The choice of mate and reproduction with that mate means the specific genes which are behind you and that mate that made you different from everyone else will save the cultural preferences for a newer generation
4) A newer generation is born with a genetic preference for that culture as a result

Cultural preferences are not caused by genetics. They cannot be passed to the offspring genetically.

no no...what I am saying is that genetics of an individual do have some relation to a cultural preference and through passing to offspring these genes allow for the cultural preferences to be noted. These preferences are indirect, there are no genes for example like a gene for "pac man preference" no no...not at all. What I mean is that for example some people might have blue eyes and they might prefer something in a culture of music lets say of people who sing and have blue eyes. This is still a bit too close of an analogy but shows an indirect yet still a relationship between cultural preference and genes.

Apes definitely have a form of culture, and they can learn aspects of human culture, but they would never have developed the same human cultural traits in the wild. Human biological differences (brain development) makes a huge difference. You can teach a cat to use a spoon, but that doesn't mean the only differences between cats and humans are cultural.

And I am saying they don't. If you were brought up in Iraq for example you would have the associated cultural preferences.

well spidergoat agrees that cultural differences/similarities are passed by genes as well...(brain development is linked to genes)

well than Spidergoat...answer us this. Do you agree that cultural differences are tied to genetic variations?

Back