Another gender thread. Sorry, I had to raise this one.

And a worldview in which the only two choices (for women) are virginity until marriage (which nowdays means about eight years of abstinence after the evolutionary biology or God's will as expressed in His created forms have primed the woman for sex) or rampant, sluttish promiscuity with douchebags.

Which pathological little scenario you describe as "realistic".

It works for you, does it ? Congratulations.
At everyone's age, sex is mostly about pleasure. You are a year or two past the historical and biological age of first reproduction for our species - which is a relevant observation, unless you believe humans to be far more malleable by ephemeral cultural factors than do most people who have considered the matter.

Wow,you sound bitter. Is everything OK? PM me if you need to talk. :D

Huh? Far too young?
I'd guess you've had the plumbing running well enough for years to get pregnant.
Like Madant pointed out, it's not certain that BC is going to work every time. I would think that would be reason enough to keep your pants on. At least I hope so , If you really don't want kids that's is the only prevention method thats 100% sound.
Or go fuck everyone and then wonder which douchbag's child you have in your belly. Your choice.

I meant far too young as in not emotionally mature enough and not financially secure enough to look after it. Not 'too young' as in infertile.

If you really don't want kids that's is the only prevention method thats 100% sound.

Nice bit of utterly monochromatic thinking. Have you heard of a phenomenon called shades of grey? You seem to think that you can only be either a slut who fucks anything that moves, or a prude who abstains from all sex until married.

Would you advocate the same to a male in case he got his girlfriend pregnant? If so, fair enough. If not, you're a hypocrite. If it's ok for males to fuck left right and centre but women should keep their pants on, who exactly are men supposed to have sex with?

You are a smart and feisty young woman. You already know the safeguards. Have your fun visceral_ instinct.
Thanks. :)

Why is it that when it comes to male/female dynamics, people feel the need to take everything back to the age when we were all living in caves?
That's not only done with male/female dynamics, but with just about every aspect of life (humans and other living things).
It's because, eventually, everything comes down to genetics and, thus, evolutionary processes.

everything comes down to genetics and, thus, evolutionary processes.

True, but usually the only time it gets wheeled out is during gender related discussions.

and flux:

Thanks to john, also, for noting that people still have highly rewarding life long relationships.

those are not for everyone.

Cosmo,is that supposed to say "what's the point"?

The question is why are there so many divorces. As I said, It's a choice that two people make.
Relationships are always work. Life isn't a fairytale, you have to want it and work for it.

I was replying to Johns post if you look. Showing that his ideas are far from true in todays societies.

Last edited:
I meant far too young as in not emotionally mature enough and not financially secure enough to look after it. Not 'too young' as in infertile.

Nice bit of utterly monochromatic thinking. Have you heard of a phenomenon called shades of grey? You seem to think that you can only be either a slut who fucks anything that moves, or a prude who abstains from all sex until married.
Not true. I think you should not have intercourse unless you're comfortable with the idea of A.your partner being the father of your child or B.you may have to kill an innocent child that has no choice in the matter.

Would you advocate the same to a male in case he got his girlfriend pregnant? If so, fair enough. If not, you're a hypocrite. If it's ok for males to fuck left right and centre but women should keep their pants on, who exactly are men supposed to have sex with?

Thanks. :)

100%. I've been with the same woman since I was 15.

You are one of a very few individuals that can tolerate another person this long, congratulations for your temperment and tolerance.

Not true. I think you should not have intercourse unless you're comfortable with the idea of A.your partner being the father of your child or B.you may have to kill an innocent child that has no choice in the matter.

Fair enough, at least you are consistent in your beliefs.

I do not agree with the latter though. Maybe it is right for some people but I would want to have some experience in relationships before I would be with someone for life.

Fair enough, at least you are consistent in your beliefs.

I do not agree with the latter though. Maybe it is right for some people but I would want to have some experience in relationships before I would be with someone for life.

What if it's the right one ?
You wouldn't leave him just because you want more experience in relationships first, would you ?

What if it's the right one ?
You wouldn't leave him just because you want more experience in relationships first, would you ?

True, fair point.

But that's not likely to happen when you're going through adolescence and you have just discovered sex.

It happens, but it's not common. Most of us don't 'meet the right person' at 15 as clusteringflux did.

True, fair point.

But that's not likely to happen when you're going through adolescence and you have just discovered sex.

It happens, but it's not common. Most of us don't 'meet the right person' at 15 as clusteringflux did.

True, most don't. In fact, almost no one does. But still, it could happen.
What I mean to say is that such a stance (yours) is useless. You'll just have to wait and see ;)

True, fair point.

And that's where I'm a hypocrite. In hind sight we should not have been having sex because neither of us were ready to be parents.
This is what I have to face with my own kids.

I'm married to a girl I began going out with in high school when she was a junior and I was a senior. We've been married for 19 years and have 4 kids.

Congrats,Mad.
See,folks, it's not so rare. There's two of us here on this thread and maybe a few more in the membership somewhere.

True, most don't. In fact, almost no one does. But still, it could happen.
What I mean to say is that such a stance (yours) is useless. You'll just have to wait and see ;)

Useless?

I'm glad I did not marry any of the boyfriends I've had so far.

One was so emotionally constipated he did my head in.

The other two were drug addicts.

(I'm not that dysfunctional...I go for guys who are also in the metal scene like me...but the downside is that they usually take drugs...)

Congrats,Mad.
See,folks, it's not so rare. There's two of us here on this thread and maybe a few more in the membership somewhere.
In my experience, most marriages that last a really long time are "high school sweetheart" type marriages. You simply have so much in common. The other thing is, you just have to be committed to making it work. No matter how much you love someone, you won't like them all of the time.

Back