Animal testing Ethics

Animal Testing Anybody?

• Total voters
I don't necessarily support it, but I don't mind it. It is only to be on the safe side to test products on animals to ensure that no humans are harmed. Not to mention animals can make valuable tools in furthering scientific understanding and improving Human quality of life.

Hey, animals are not just objects you can use for your own benefit. They are living beings just like you.

Hey, animals are not just objects you can use for your own benefit. They are living beings just like you.

Except they have no feeling, emotion, conscious thought, or self awareness. Sorry, most of them are OBJECTS to me.

Except they have no feeling, emotion, conscious thought, or self awareness. Sorry, most of them are OBJECTS to me.

They do have feelings and emotions, conscious thought and self-awareness are tricky ones.. it depends on how you define it.

If you kick a dog it feels pain, if you pet it it feels joy.

They do have feelings and emotions, conscious thought and self-awareness are tricky ones.. it depends on how you define it.

If you kick a dog it feels pain, if you pet it it feels joy.

Basic feeling. They do not posess the level of superiority we Humans posess, and they cannot consciously think, they cannot feel emotion, and they are not self aware.

I mean of course they have a sense of touch, but they don't have emotional feelings.

Basic feeling. They do not posess the level of superiority we Humans posess, and they cannot consciously think, they cannot feel emotion, and they are not self aware.

I mean of course they have a sense of touch, but they don't have emotional feelings.

You are ignorant. Animals do feel emotion. And they can think and figure out things, and at least some animals have a level of self-awareness.

You are ignorant. Animals do feel emotion. And they can think and figure out things, and at least some animals have a level of self-awareness.

Insults? Typical.

Animals do not feel emotion as you or I do. They cannot consciously think. They act on instinct.

Animals are more robots than they are "Human"

Insults? Typical.

Animals do not feel emotion as you or I do. They cannot consciously think. They act on instinct.

I'm sorry if you took that as an insult.

Animals do feel emotion, and humans act largely on instinct as well.
And animals are a hell of a lot more like humans than they are like robots.

I see no point in continuing this conversation as we had it before on numerous occasions, that includes the other thread.

Insults? Typical.

You and Enmos likely do not feel emotions like each other. Animals can consciously think and you can see raccoons and monkeys and cats - for example - taking a break in trying to open something and considering options. Captured Wolves will watch humans opening and closing a gate, wait until the humans have left the area and then open it and escape. They absolutely do not act solely on instinct. They can learn all sorts of things including rudimentary language.

I am not saying they are the same. But in a context where we are thinking about animal suffering, they sure as hell can feel pain and suffer in ways that are no doubt very much like the ways we do.

Enmos perhaps should not have been so broad in his sentence with 'ignorant' but you do seem ignorant about animals.

though i dont agree with norsefire it is still a stance which is more helpful for human kind, i see where he is coming from because we alone have subjigated them, by right we are better so more important. Animals have no technoligy therefore they canot reson exactly like humans since most animals have been around longer than modern humans.
When the modern human evolved the defining point was the evolution of forethought and planning, it is this which makes us special.

though i dont agree with norsefire it is still a stance which is more helpful for human kind, i see where he is coming from because we alone have subjigated them, by right we are better so more important. Animals have no technoligy therefore they canot reson exactly like humans since most animals have been around longer than modern humans.
When the modern human evolved the defining point was the evolution of forethought and planning, it is this which makes us special.

So you really do agree with Norsefire, you're just a bit chicken to admit it yet. No worries, you're in "good" company on this site.

Back