Ancient Civilizations, SETI, and Crop Circles

a truly scientific mind would go out and proactively search for all evidence available on any topic he feels is worth validating one way or the other.
Applying critical thinking skills only to what comes across his desk would be more a sign of a simple critic.

Why shouldn't the burden of proof be upon the claimant? As well as the burden of the research?

The claimants of things such as UFOs and Crop Circles do very little good research. Instead, they do about as much "sitting at their desk" as the critic.

Good research with proper scientific method would make it necessary for a critic to go to the field to do the research if he/she wanted to be thorough. As it is, there are enough flaws to criticize without going anywhere.

But for the record, I'll be happy to do the leg work if you fund the work ;) It'll have to be sufficient enough to forgo my Treatment Director position and lucrative enough to post-pone a semester of college......

Thanks, SkinWalker, I didn't know BLT's site was back up. The last
two or three days that I tried to access it, I was redirected to
virtuallystrange.net with a message that they would be hosting
BLT Research's content.
moving, I know it may not look that way, but I am not trying to
get anyone to believe in crop circles or UFO's. I WOULD like some
members to become a little more aware of the phenomena surrounding both and make up their own minds afterwards. I am
fully aware that some members will never accept even the possibility
that something unexplained may lie behind either. I will continue to
post some things that, in MY opinion, are questionable. The skeptics
are fully welcome to debate my posts and opinions. Maybe we both
may learn something.

quelquechosedautre,
There is no need to cross post one pre-written text to many threads. If you feel you should have something to share that is important with the thread, then place what you say into one thread an create a URL link to it in other threads or write what you feel important on a website of your own and then link that.

Cross posting is a bannable issue if the person concerned ignores any warnings, therefore please don't ignore this one.

Back