An open mind

Originally posted by moonman
Well logic ofcourse;). 2+2=4
Of course? Show me the use of logic to select among the Faerie Kingdom, the Virgin Birth, and Evolution. Which, if any, do you claim to be logically impossible and why?

I don't think I need to say much more...
From what I know, The faerie kingdom probably does not exist because there is no evidence except 'eye witness accounts' from heavily disturbed mental patients. I understand that Virgin birth is possible but extremely rare, I am not an expert on the subject, but I will take the word of those more educated than me.

Of course? Show me the use of logic to select among the Faerie Kingdom, the Virgin Birth, and Evolution. Which, if any, do you claim to be logically impossible and why?

BTW I don't know what you are accomplishing by drilling me like this...:D What are you trying to prove? That we should not accept other views as possibilities??
Let it go man.;)

BTW I don't know what you are accomplishing by drilling me like this...:D What are you trying to prove? That we should not accept other views as possibilities??
Let it go man.;)

So you are saying you do accept other peoples views as possibilities,
so you are not 100% certain in your own beliefs,no?.

I know im not,im not 100% certain of anything!

For instance i cant say i know for 100% certain that you are not a killer psychopath with a history of mental illness,who likes rubbing his penis on a cheesegrater.

Outlandish,but i cant ever know for sure.

BTW I don't know what you are accomplishing by drilling me like this...:D
Stop whining.
What are you trying to prove? That we should not accept other views as possibilities?? Let it go man.;)
No. I am suggesting that "we should not accept other views" as worthy of belief simply because they are logical possibilities.
The faerie kingdom probably does not exist because there is no evidence except 'eye witness accounts' from heavily disturbed mental patients.
"Probably"? :D :rolleyes: :D As for the rest, it sounds as if you're describing Paul and the road to Damascus. ;)

Good topic for open mindness.

Hi all, I recently haven't been here.

I had been taking part in other forms of forums e-mail, this took much time, as I still have dial up.

I do believe one can be 100% in belief and yet still have an open mind. If it were not so, many atheists would still be beliving in god and ferries. It took their open mindness to seek out other alternatives, from religion to religion to finally coming to a conclusion and picking what best suit them.

In my case atheism.

I do believe one can be 100% in belief and yet still have an open mind. If it were not so, many atheists would still be beliving in god and ferries
Then they did not believe it 100%. Maybe 99.9%, but to believe something 100% is blissfull ignorance, even if you happen to be right.

Good Grief!

Originally posted by notme2000
... to believe something 100% is blissfull ignorance, even if you happen to be right.
Why is it that some folks feel qualified and compelled to write these inane little fortune-cookie sayings? :(

How would I qualify?

Must I be a 'mystic'? If so then I declare myself a mystic, so that i may be allowed to make inane fortune-cookie sayings.
Or must I be declared by some one else, Is there a Certifiacate?;)

Originally posted by doom
I know im not,im not 100% certain of anything!

How do you measure knowledge?
How do you know when your knowledge reaches 100%?

For instance i cant say i know for 100% certain that you are not a killer psychopath with a history of mental illness,who likes rubbing his penis on a cheesegrater.

How many % certain could you say?

Love

Jan Ardena.

Wow!!

Quote: who likes rubbing his penis on a cheesegrater.

AUUUUOOOOCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!

That would be painful, not much joy to even imagine.

Only from a mentality of a girl!!.

Originally posted by Pammy
That's what we need. We are here to discuss, not to put people down if they believe something different from you.

I agree, but you are asking for the moon on this request. People's worldviews are being put at risk. If they are wrong, they will have to rework their entire life. Thus, it is only reasonable to expect a lot of emotions to be behind the posts.

However, if you don't feel threatened, I would suggest you continue reading. When you get past the emotions, you can find a lot of good facts to make your own decision(s) on the issue.

Back