All I have to say to the atheists and non-believers.

"David Rees has a way with three panel comics:"

You think so? I thought those were really crap. It seems like he just wishes he had someone to talk to in real life. Thats not comedy. He just needs a friend.

Yes, I think so. He can make me laugh out loud, and that isn't easily done.

war.003.gif

While some of the cartoons may be funny, none of them are scathing commentary. If the pictures of men in business attire were taken away, the commentary is only scathing to fundamentalist flagwavers. This thread started out with comments much more thought-provoking than David Rees'.

By all means Cole, continue to enlighten us. Don't let my pedestrian amusements drag the level of commentary down.

Actually, if you'll notice, I wasn't even trying to "enlighten" the thread until after the cartoon made its entrance.
I just find this-
Repo Man said:
What he (or she) said. You cannot kill a figment of the imagination. Is the world a monument to the Greek and Roman gods that preceded Christianity? Who were "killed" by being superceded by the now prevalent form of schizophrenic monotheism?
more thought provoking than your use of cartoons. Whether you are correct in your assumption shown above is unclear, but if you want to put your own comments on the same level as those made by the cartoons, go ahead.
I will admit, the first cartoon was a nice visual respite from the monotony of text. It also brought up the point that some people blame religion for man's evil actions, when religion can also raise a man up from the level of pure animalistic evolutionary competition, even if only long enough to get a compassionate view of the field . You may insist religion is not "necessary" for this, as other philosophical ideas can provide "elevation", but David Rees' cartoons are not reaching that tertiary level of thought, as they are stuck on the same level of contradiction that much of these threads are.

Back